• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Baltimore Steam Propulsion Laboratory

These instructions allow it to be done rather quickly. Do you want to do it Pieter?
Not really. But it does bother me, so I want someone to do it.
If it doesn't have to be me, all the better. I've got other things on my list too. :wp

Shouldn't be necessary, I think? Unless we want ALL her rigging redone.
Personally I'd be quite happy if just that spanker would behave itself. It just looks wrong when it points that way. :facepalm

I can do it. It sounded to me like you wanted to try it. I need to re learn how to do it again anyway.

I can do it. It sounded to me like you wanted to try it. I need to re learn how to do it again anyway.
Well, I didn't want to force you to have to do it. Since I don't think you've got any particular interest in either of those ships... :oops:

So you'll do it? Brilliant; thanks a lot! I hope it won't be too much trouble. :bow

It's no trouble at all! I can not do it. :boom: Or rather I got it all done except for the very last step of changing one number on mast 4 from 1 to -1. TOOL says "model can not be read". :modding Someone else will have to repair mast 4 before I can do anything else. :facepalm

PS: It's FR_SteamFrigate_mast4.gm

AGH! Same here. So then I suppose the only way to fix things properly is by replacing all of the rigging?
The main hull GM can be opened, so I suppose replacing the rigging isn't completely impossible. Is it?

I did manage to open the Bermuda Sloop's main mast. So there should still be hope for that one at least, no? :facepalm

Mast 2,3,4 can not be read. Someone will have to pass them through Maya to get them working again. Or just mast 4. That is the only one that we need today.

The Bermuda Sloop is ok, but it is a complex system that will take me a few hours to do.

Mast 2,3,4 can not be read. Someone will have to pass them through Maya to get them working again. Or just mast 4. That is the only one that we need today.
You can't take the masts from, say, the Constitution and put them on there instead? Replace all the GM files with ones that work?
On the one hand, I wonder whether it is worth the trouble. On the other hand, I do like the steamships and those spankers being mirrored is RETARDED!
I'm not an expert on sailing large sailing vessels, but even I can see that is wrong! :whipa

I just ran into a problem with the textures of the Bermuda Sloop. There might be a way to make it work anyway.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.

Here, try these and tell me what you think. There will now be 2 of each gaff and hopefully they will not look too weird. The sails should not bow out either.
Just drop these into your sloopbermuda folder. You might want to save your originals.

Attachments

• Bermuda Sloop fixed spankers.7z
    35.2 KB · Views: 193
It's no trouble at all! I can not do it. :boom: Or rather I got it all done except for the very last step of changing one number on mast 4 from 1 to -1. TOOL says "model can not be read". :modding Someone else will have to repair mast 4 before I can do anything else. :facepalm

PS: It's FR_SteamFrigate_mast4.gm

:rumgone:modding:whipa:facepalm:ko
Guess who just inherited more work?

You can't take the masts from, say, the Constitution and put them on there instead? Replace all the GM files with ones that work?
On the one hand, I wonder whether it is worth the trouble. On the other hand, I do like the steamships and those spankers being mirrored is RETARDED!
I'm not an expert on sailing large sailing vessels, but even I can see that is wrong! :whipa
The new Constitution models have been scaled up, so they're considerably larger than the steam frigates, and the masts aren't interchangeable.

Well, I just happened to run into a Bermuda Sloop so............
BS1.jpgBS2.jpgBS3.jpgBS4.jpgBS5.jpg

Nice work on that sloop, Hylie! :onya

And we can't use any of the other ships for that purpose either? :(

Probably not. The SteamFrigate masts have pretty unique texture mapping.
Either way, the very fact the mast models cannot be read in TOOL means the locators would have to be redone from scratch, UNLESS we hijack the newer Constitution model and add the steamship details, in which case the locators would carry over from that. Based on the many improvements in geometry, texture mapping and rigging on the new Constitution, reworking that model is probably the best solution.
Good thing I'm almost done with the new Corvettes. :rolleyes:

Back