• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Baltimore Steam Propulsion Laboratory

If that is the case, I'll leave it up to you whether you think it's worth the trouble. :facepalm

So... I went and dug out the new Constitution Maya file, brought in the steamship parts, upscaled them, removed the main hatch and boats, removed the hidden cannons, modified the path, and exported the affected models...
... then copied the locators from the Constitution hull over to the new hull, and removed the obsolete cannon and parts locators...
... then went and modified the code so the ship uses the Constitution walk file, increased the cannons quantity to include the chasers, changed the flag code to match the Constitution...
... THEN adjusted all the particle effects coordinates to compensate for the enlarged hull...
... and ended up with this:
US_SteamFrigate_new1.png
And as a special bonus - not that it was the whole point, or anything - the spanker sail works! :monkeydance

I've bundled together the US_SteamFrigate and modified code here: US_SteamFrigate_New.7z
I need a break now, so if you could handle the renaming and HEX editing for the FR and RN versions, that would be great.

Phew, that was a mouthful, wasn't it? :drunk

You managed to ALL THAT in ONE DAY? A Wizard Did It indeed! :bow
Actually it must have taken around two hours, or so. Everything was going smoothly, for once, except when Maya 5.0 gave me a scare because it refused to save the file several times. :whipa
What was particularly helpful was that the hull exported to GM without any issues. I fully expected it to be unreadable in TOOL, but somehow it worked. As you said, must have been magic.

No problem; I can handle the HEX-ing. :razz

Har har har. :rolleyes:

Just checking, have you got round to this 'HEXing' business, yet? If not, I can do this today; I know your to-do list is still pretty long. ;)

Good to hear! I was just wondering, since I haven't seen any screenshots of them showing up here or on ModDB...

True. Because I only put the files in there and didn't check them yet. Been busy doing all sorts. Will be done. Some time. :wp

Just tested the improved ones and they work brilliantly. That spanker sail behaving properly really helps a lot! :onya

Also noticed that the RN and FR versions had US planking on the rigging. Fixed now, will be in the final Beta 2.5 release.

Back