• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bart O Port side quest

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
In the Bart O Port side quest in the main story all goes well until you talk to the Governor at Point A Pitre, Guadaloupe. I have played this many times and it always worked well before, but this time the Governors dialog is messed up and it breaks the story.
It looks like the Governors and the players dialogs have been switched.

could you please provide the log files. And maybe a savegame so I can check it out?

Ok, here ya go. There are two saves. One is just as you arrive and Bart O Port runs off, and the other is after talking to the Governor. There is about 15 minutes of play time between them.

Attachments

• compile.log
    36.1 KB · Views: 186
  • error.log
    793 bytes · Views: 202
  • system.log
    44.6 KB · Views: 205
  • -=Player=- Guadeloupe. Pointe a Pitre Port. September 8th, 1755.7z
    635.9 KB · Views: 161
  • -=Player=- Guadeloupe.7z
    637.5 KB · Views: 183
Sorry I can't help atm.
There seems to be stuff missing in the dialog.h file. Probally something is removed. But I don't know what it should say. If you have a previous build or something like that where it did work I can compare it and fix it. Else its better to wait till someone has that.
You could also try yourself maybe. The problem is in:
\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Remy Gatien_dialog.c

There it refers to rows in
\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH\Remy Gatien_dialog.h

which don't exist. If you can find me 1 for the "gov..." cases to match I can fix the others. I just need to know 1 line which is said at a certain point
For example the first thing he said after you when to the quest case is this:
Code:
        case "gov_1":
            dialog.snd = "Voice\REGR\REGR008";
            dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[74];
            link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[86];
            link.l1.go = "gov_1_1";
        break;

If I know what lines of text should fit with this I can fix the rest.

I just did a comparison in Winmerge between beta 16 and beta3 final and the PROGRAM/DIALOGS/ENGLISH/Remy Gatien_dialog.h are identical, and the other one only has one line different and it appears to be related to the "kill pirate" stuff.

I can not read that stuff in detail because my vision blurs when I try and nothing can be read.

What I saw in game is that the dialog between you and the governor are switched. The governor has your first line and you have his first line. I believe the hilited lines are the problem.
Remy dialog.jpg

please try this file for a moment.
put it in:
\PROGRAM\Storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs

I tried that doodad and it works. The dialog is still garbled but it does work well enough to continue the story. :onya

The dialogs are switched from this point on.
garbled.jpg

ugh I must have been sleeping.
Here is the right one and it should go into:
\PROGRAM\DIALOG
The second one should go into
\PROGRAM\Storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs

Attachments

• Remy Gatien_dialog.c
    12.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Remy Gatien_dialog.c
    12.8 KB · Views: 180
There is another governor dialog that is based on the same file. I had to change the line numbers because it was messed up before.
It is now correct for regular use, but apparently I messed up the quest-specific dialog despite trying to do it correctly.

Do the lines match up properly now? If not, someone please remind me when I return and I'll double-check it using the DialogMerge program.

I replayed the Bart O Port side quest and the Governor dialogs work fine. All is well and the Governor also offered me a pirate hunting job.

btw I noticed the officer in the jail also doesn't have a dialog assigned to it. Do you know if there are more captains/officers (for example at forts or so) who don't have a dialog assigned to them?

:shrug You are not supposed to talk to him so why should he have a dialog?

I don't talk to soldiers. Especially in forts that always ends badly. :duel:

Well it now gives an error :p. Which is not nice either :p.

What error exactly are you getting?

I wonder if that officer is a randomly generated one or one from the character init files.

He is just sitting at his desk as you walk by. Methinks he just says he has no dialog assigned to him.

What error exactly are you getting?

I wonder if that officer is a randomly generated one or one from the character init files.
As far as I can tell he is randomly generated. when the characters are initialized

In that case, the relevant function would be FillPrison() in PROGRAM\MAXIMUS_functions.c

Back