• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bartolomeu Story Completed - Some Small Bugs

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Just completed the Bartolomeu Story :bow :bow :bow

Only major problem - I was unable to start Aztec treasure quest ( see seperate thread ) & had to use the jump start / cheat.

Small Problems

Strange Statuette quest

After infiltrating San Juan - when I get back to my ship at the Beach - my officers & crew attack me - this is be because I am still wearing the Infiltration clothes. Since player does not change outfit until they arrive in Willemstad. - If player changes clothes before getting back to ship then everything is OK.

Battle of Aguadilla quest

When you infiltrate St Johns - weapons changed when you enter dungeon to Poisoned Knives - makes it hard to fight the bandits in the dungeon - could weapons be changed a bit later e.g. when you enter St Johns.

No boxes in treasure cave on Isla De Muerta. - see error logs attached

Do not get the 80,000 gold from Ogeron stated in the dialog at the end of quest.

Player's ship is given food & rum for all the ships in the fleet for Aguadilla Battle - when they leave at the end of the quest - Food & rum still there ( I had 200 days of food & rum on my ship at end of the quest ) :drunk

The Nightmare

If you don't hire Esteban - you have to watch him run a long way into jungle & fade away - if you don't he will not appear in Havana Town Hall. Perhaps it would be better if Estaban ran into one of the houses then you can leave the location quicker . :shrug

When Esteban is in Havana Town hall the only dialog he has is "......".

Most of the time Nathaniel surrenders (does not talk ) & quest cannot be completed. When he does fight he just stands there ( he has a sword & pistol ) - only way to tell he has not surrendered & is fighting is the damage hitpoints when you hit him.

Aztec Treasure

In Vera Cruz you can Save the game but you cannot Load the saves you make ( they do not appear on the Load screen ) the save files are not including the Profile name in the file name ( -=Player=-) if you edit the file name manually to add this then the Saves will appear in the Load screen

Emilio is removed as an officer-passanger and is not put back - at the end of the quest he is just not there.

:cheers

I will release the fixes next week but before I'd like to have some answers...

Strange Statuette quest

Fix done!

- Poisoned Knives' fix done!
- About the boxes, I see in Muerte_Boxes_error [size:800]. Did you use the Patch 7 Wip when you played the main quest? Because in Items.h I've had to increase the max_items from 700 to 800 for adding the new weapons. To Pieter: Do you think this change can mess up the building set models????
- Ogeron's money fix done!
- About Food&Rum, that isn't a quest's bug but a game's one.

The Nightmare

- About Esteban's leaving, seeing he can appear near the Wall or in the other side (Jungle), there is no use in letting him going to a house. However, now with the fix, he will disappear after 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds!
- About Esteban's dialogue in Townhall that's normal if you have "...." However, I made a fix Esteban tells you mustn't speak with him.
- About Nathaniel' surrender, maybe it's a game's bug. For completing the quest you must kill him. Two ways: sinking his ship or killing him in a duel. Normally, when he surrenders you have an option in the dialogues to provoke him in a duel. However, I made a fix for this bug... Not sure about the outcome. Seeing Nathaniel speaks with you on the Conceicao jetty before you see him later during the battle, I don't know if the LAi_SetActorType function I use for the dialogue can be a problem for the fight aboard the ship. Maybe, that's the reason you see him still (doesn't talk/doesn't fight).

Aztec Treasure

- The save you use is the normal save, right? Because if I remember, the quick save/load perfectly works in Vera Cruz. I noted this problem of save happens in the quest locations. If necessary in the future, maybe I could assign the locations from Storyline\Bartolomeu\Locations\init\QuestLocations to Locations\init\KhaelRoa for instance.
- About Emilio removed, are you sure he isn't in the Passenger interface? Because in case "Morro_loot4" there is the code RestoreOfficers(pchar.id);

-- About the boxes, I see in Muerte_Boxes_error [size:800]. Did you use the Patch 7 Wip when you played the main quest? Because in Items.h I've had to increase the max_items from 700 to 800 for adding the new weapons. To Pieter: Do you think this change can mess up the building set models????

Played using Patch 6 :yes - not Patch7wip :no

The Nightmare

- About Esteban's leaving, seeing he can appear near the Wall or in the other side (Jungle), there is no use in letting him going to a house. However, now with the fix, he will disappear after 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds!

Checked this Estaban always appears on the nearest goto locator to the player when you enter St John Outskirts - if you use the town gate then he is on goto15 -- if you go through the jungle then he is on goto 70. Making him disappear after 5 seconds should be good :onya

Aztec Treasure

- The save you use is the normal save, right? Because if I remember, the quick save/load perfectly works in Vera Cruz. I noted this problem of save happens in the quest locations. If necessary in the future, maybe I could assign the locations from Storyline\Bartolomeu\Locations\init\QuestLocations to Locations\init\KhaelRoa for instance.

Yes - I was using the Normal save -- Quick save works OK

- About Emilio removed, are you sure he isn't in the Passenger interface? Because in case "Morro_loot4" there is the code RestoreOfficers(pchar.id);

Yes Emilio is definately not on the Passanger interface :facepalm

- About the boxes, I see in Muerte_Boxes_error [size:800]. Did you use the Patch 7 Wip when you played the main quest? Because in Items.h I've had to increase the max_items from 700 to 800 for adding the new weapons.
To Pieter: Do you think this change can mess up the building set models???
I did include your increase to 800 change into Patch 7 WIP. It shouldn't cause a problem with the BuildingSet models UNLESS we need it higher than 800.

To Pieter : Seeing Talisman was using Patch 6 the problem doesn´t come from this change. I'll play this part of the quest in order to check if I've got the same bug. :?
To Talisman : I'll add Emilio again through the code.

Do you have any code I can use to instantly transport to the location with that bug?
If so, then I can check if I've got the problem as well.

Bug confirmed :yes
I made a fix for it. You can find it in the following update file. It also includes another fixes for most of the bugs found by Talisman and the fix for the Aztec treasure. The Silver train quest is between the Idol quest and the Hunter quest.(better than my first suggestion made a few days ago when I wanted to put it between the Hunter Quest and the Battle of Aguadilla quest).

Attachments

• Update 18th July 2011.zip
    65.5 KB · Views: 190
I have just remembered something that I did not mention before :modding

The Strange Stattuette

In this quest you get given 2 different Idols.

When you get the idol in the temple - it is put in F2 > Items.
Outside the temple when L'ollonaise takes idol you get log message to say item removed from inventory - but idol is still in F2> Items.

At L'ollonaise's body on beach - Roxanne give you idol - put in F2 > Quest Items ( now have 2 idols - one in F2> items - other in F2 > Quest Items )

At St Pierre Port jetty you throw idol in sea - get log message to say item removed from inventory - idol in F2 > Quest Items is gone but idol in F2 > Items is still there. :shrug

I'll check that. But I see the problem, the idol must go to F2 > Quest Items and not in F2 > Items when you are in the temple.

Back