• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bartolomeu Storyline Ship Use

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
As I've suggested before, I'd like to go through all storylines and put all our new high-detail ship models to good use where appropriate.
To get a better overview, here's the list of ships used in the Bartolomeu storyline:

Bartolomeu o Portugues captaining La Chanceuse (Barque3_50)
Bartolomeu o Portugues captaing l'Insouciante (Ketch)
Bartolomeu o Portugues captaining Anaconda (PO_Fleut50)
Bartolomeu o Portugues captaining Fancy (LuggerVML)
Bartolomeu o Portugues captaining Santiago (FastCaravel)

Roxanne Lalliere captaining La Joyeuse (FR_LightPinnace)
"Spanish Captain" captaining El Dorado (Battleship1) - Is this supposed to be a Spanish treasure galleon?
Alfonso Galindez captaining El Castillo (GaleonWar)
Spanish Captain2 captaining Rio del Plata (SP_ApostolFelipe)
Spanish Captain3 captaining Madragal (SP_Galeon50)
Florentino Murrieta captaining Anaconda (PO_Fleut50)
Santiago captaining Victory (FastCaravel) - I assume this is no actual character, but used for a background scene?
Francois L'Ollonais captaining Saint-Jean (FR_Derfflinger)
Portuguese Captain captaining Rio de Janeiro (Galeon50)
Henry Morgan captaining Jamaica Merchant (RN_WarGalleon)
"Silver" captaining Leon (SP_ApostolFelipe)
Roche Brasiliano captaining Quick Death (PiratFastGal)
Serafino Masarenhas captaining A Felicidade (Brigantina1)
Osmundo Murrieta captaining San Pablo (SP_Pinnace50)
Daniel Montbars captaining Le Gascon (Pinnace1)
Arnaud Fontaines captaining Le Baron (FR_WarGalleon)
Spanish Captain4 captaining El Castillo (GaleonWar)
Bautista Lozano (Spanish Captain1) captaining La Galiza (GaleonWar)

Gherarde de Jongh captaining Prinses Royaal Maria (NL_PinnaceofWar47)
Lourenco Vaz captaining O Trovao (PO_FastNavy)

Just a comment, Pieter.
In many videos, I show some ships used in the storyline. These ones should not be changed.

Good point; most of the ships you use are re-textures by Petros, which I have no intention of removing, so most should be fine.
But to be certain, I'll check all your videos and make a list of the ships involved.

El Dorado must be a big warship for the storyline so I think the battleship model is a good choice. After capturing the Anaconda, Bartolomeu will fight her off Cozumel and later in the storyline we'll find her on a beach (when looking for the darien idol).

Ah, I remember that ship washed up on the shore. Better keep the same model then to prevent having to swap around the ships on the shore too.

Here's some notes on ships:
What ship is that at the end of Aguadilla.wmv? I think she's one of the ships we removed from the game.

I think that's the only issue for the Bartolomeu storyline; all other ships I recognize and are still there. Since they're already re-textured ships, we don't need to replace those.

Here's some notes on ships:
What ship is that at the end of Aguadilla.wmv? I think she's one of the ships we removed from the game.

I think that's the only issue for the Bartolomeu storyline; all other ships I recognize and are still there. Since they're already re-textured ships, we don't need to replace those.
There are many ships in the Aguadilla video but I don't remember them .... and I'm not using at the moment my desktop so I can't check that for now.

About El Dorado, I think we have many battleship1 models with different textures so if you want to you can choose another one if you don't like the texture.

About El Dorado, I think we have many battleship1 models with different textures so if you want to you can choose another one if you don't like the texture.
I think the Battleship1 isn't too bad here. With the ship clean-up, we don't have that many battleships left. We've still got:
Battleship2 (stock)
Battleship3 (stock Battleship1 model with AoP Battleship4 texture)
SP_Battleship (same model again with more Spanish colours) - could use this one if you want, but Battleship1 should work too :shrug

About the French Pirate Daniel Montbars, I think we could change his ship... but I have no idea what could be his new ship.

I haven't yet made any changes for this storyline. Any specific thoughts of what could/should be done for Beta 2? There's still time now.

I'm giving Daniel Montbars the FR_Fleuron; does that sound alright? Or too modern?

Back