• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Battle mini map flags

A.H

Privateer
During battles or out of battles even... all ship flags (not national flags, but the small triangle flags you see on mini map) are colored grey, indicating friendly/neutral ships near you.
But enemy ships during battle also are grey, making it hard to determine which is friend and which is foe.
I remember enemies were red, then there was blue, and green.

But only color is grey, even when ships sink, surrendered, or allies nearby.

I noticed that in your save as well.
Is that not just because you don't have a good spyglass and/or compass?

Well now it is fixed because I did 2 things... I bought an Enhanced Compass and Chronometer.

And I changed my flag to personal.

So if you are using old save file, try changing nation flag to personal or other nation. (I also used Dutch flag for the French espionage missions).
If it still doesn't work then maybe the issue is not a bug and it's about the Enhanced compass or chronometer.

I just double-checked and it's indeed the Compass. :yes

Just to be sure, are you playing on Arcade Game Mode or Realistic Game Mode?

EDIT: Never mind, you're using Realistic for sure. I can tell from how your ship handles on Arcade Game Mode (really crazily! :rofl ).
So that's all working as intended. :yes

Also, when I checked your savegame just now, a Drunken Brawl broke out and morale plummeted.
That means you're one of the first people I know who actually USE the Double Rum Rations feature. I'm impressed! :bow

Reactions: A.H
Back