• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best Nautical Game Trailers 2015!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
It seems the last few years there have been a lot of nautical games coming out, and that is certainly a good thing! Even better though, many of them have been pirate games! The following list is in no particular order, just the way I happened to write them down. Some of the games on this list I posted on here, one or two I missed entirely. That is not the case with the first one on the list though, Nantucket. when I saw this one, I was very excited because it is about one of my favorite books! Nantucket is set after the events of Herman Melville's Moby Dick, the game follows the further adventures of Ishmael

Next up, Windward is an indie naval combat/adventure/sandbox game currently available on Steam

Next on the list, another Indie game that is also on Steam Greenlight, Tempest. As you navigate the dangerous waters of the game you won’t just catch up with merchants, but you will encounter fellow pirates, creepy followers of a mysterious cult and terrible mythical monsters: Kraken, Leviathan and other infamous creatures.

This next one is a bit special, the developer, Oliver Joyce from @Whiskeybarrel Studios specifically stopped by our forums back in February and asked for our input on helping him make his new pirate game, Ships and Scurvy! We were only too happy to oblige! If you haven't read it yet, you can find his thread HERE!

This next one is set after the sinking of the Russian nuclear submarine Kursk in August of 2000. As events unfolded, that was a very uncertain time for many reasons, not the least of which was Russia's newly elected president Vladimir Putin. No one really had a clue what to expect from this man, and one of the first crises he had to deal with was the Kursk!

Next up, Atlantic Fleet is a turn-based tactical and strategic simulation of the Battle of the Atlantic during World War II. Take command of surface ships, submarines as well as carrier and land based aircraft in a deadly struggle for control of the shipping lanes.

Set sail in this brand new maritime simulator for PC and Mac. You'll navigate several famous European ports whilst captaining a range of vessels from the humble tug boat to the mammoth cruise liner. In European Ship Simulator, you'll command your very own ship, battling against the waves and navigating several famous European docks. Then take command of a plethora of ships including a tug boat, a trawler and a cruise ship.

The game will feature realistic weather including varying levels of rain and snow. But your biggest threat will be the ocean waves which drastically affect the maneuverability of your ships. Small vessels can often be thrown around by the waves and it will take a captain with courage to tame the unpredictable sea.

Next up, the absolutely gorgeous MMO World of Warships! I'll let this trailer speak for it's self!

Sea of Thieves! The freedom of the pirate life awaits in Rare's next adventurous voyage! Prepare for an epic multi-player experience in a treacherous shared world, where players carve out their legends. This game will be available on Xbox and PC.

And of course, last but certainly not least, our very own Hearts of Oak Conquest of the Seas!

As always, let me know if I missed anything important in the comments!

Attachments

• PA-logo.png
    PA-logo.png
    21 KB · Views: 54
Hmmmm. ... where is Letters of Marque?!?!?!?
:keith:ship:walkplank

It's available for pre-alpha play now. Registration on the website required to be able to play and keep it updated.

www.lettersofmarquegame.com

Except from that, what a great list :)
I have a few hundred hours on World of Warships already :)

Did not know about "Sea of Thieves" though. Thanks for that one. Looks very interesting :cheers

Last edited:
Release a trailer and I will certainly put it on the list! :razz
I could have posted the pre-alpha damage video, but I don't see any Hearts of Oak videos or stories on your front page... :wp

There ya go, better late than never. In all seriousness though, I was going to post it, it just slipped passed the final edit, sorry mate. :facepalm

Sea of Thieves is certainly looking interesting, but I have trouble having confidence in anything coming from Microsoft anymore, hopefully Rare will make all the difference! :onya

The reason why there is not any HoO stuff on the Web page is because HoO is not a Wolf Pack Games production ;)
It's a PA production which the members of WPG are part of :D

We cannot take credit where it is not right to do so :)

But I can promise we will make sure to announce it when HoO is closing in on the release ;)

Also you forgot this:

:)
I am generally pretty 'up to date' on games but that one seems to have missed my gaze till now. Very interesting giant shark they had there, lol.

Another couple to look at:
Stranded Deep: you have to survive on deserted islands by finding food, building shelter, and scavenging. I have lost many hours to this game. This trailer doesn't do the latest changes any justice once they moved to Unity 5 and started using teh same water system that both HoO and LoM use.

Blackwake: more of an FPS game than just nautical. Fast paced action and looks like a lot of fun. They did a successful kickstarter and were able to meet their goal and then some!

@ArmorDonio, I had forgot about Man O' War! I think I remember seeing something about it a while back, but when I found out it had fantasy elements, I passed on by. Thanks for posting it though, it is a good trailer and certainly belongs on the list! :onya

@Captain Murphy, Thanks for posting the Stranded Deep trailer, I hadn't heard about that one, I may have to look that up! The trailer is from Dec 2014 though.

I posted the old trailer for Blackwake in last years article, and should have probably included that one in this list, but didn't think about it, thanks mate! :facepalm

With all those new pirate games on the way, it's certainly a difficult question, which game will be the best.

Especially Tempest catches my attention, as I'm somewhat a fan of myths and wondrous creatures (Not if it's a horror-game *g*) and it looks really good. The Multiplayer-games don't interest me at all.

Damn, so many games, not enough time...

World of warships looks immense...(not a fan of MMO but I might have to make an exception)... Atlantic fleet looks like it could be a varied one too...may have to give them both a try! :yes I think HoO is definitely looking like the most exciting AOS one so far...Tempest looks great but perhaps very arcadey? :aar They're all awesome though...

Back