• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best place for updates?

I suggested this on another thread, but I do this one more time for safety measures, I think that adding something like a banner can really help. something that people can add to their signature with copy and pasting a simple link (should contain advertisement and very little update detail).

For example, I am registered in 15-20 gaming forum ranging from German gothic modders to Russian space rangers developers, I am not active in any of them. but my posts are still there and anyone reading them would see my banner and if he (most likely a modder or modder wanna be) is interested in ships he will click on it, now there is a chance that he like to join the team or maybe he add the same banner to all of his signatures just because he respect what you are doing (personally I do), so you won't need to do anything (expect updating that link) to advertise and find people. Also if someone forgot about the project seeing this will remind him of his/her good times here :p.

Sorry for double post I won't do it again :)
My English improved a little so I hope it's understandable.

Perhaps this would be a good idea once we launch the separate Hearts of Oak site, which collects all the updates and media into one place.

Hey there guys;
loving this idea,
I've actually created a Reddit page; nothing real on there yet, but that's always an avenue :)

I definitely agree with the time being right, and it absolutely being paramount giving HoO Its designated place.

And creating banners and so on really helps spread the word. I am also very active in numerous web sites for other games and developer sites, and promote HoO as much as I can.

But I do get feedback that often people do not find the real information quick enough to be swept of their feet.

So basically I refer them to Captain Murphy's youtube channel first - as they actually see something solid right away.

A web - single front Page even - could easily do the trick - and it looks so much more professional. With the trailers, the Basic game info and Captain Murphy's Dev log Videos.

Being interested in HoO does not mean they are instantly interested in what the PA community have done before or what it stands for. It can be VERY confusing for a first time visitor.

If they are interested enough in the game - they will show interest in the community as well in the long run.

There are allot more to gain to have them visit a designated HoO place - where they can find links to the PA forums if interested in more than just HoO - rather than loosing them in trying to understand this forum to get to HoO information :aar

At least that is my personal experience, and also what I often see as I have worked allot with brand building and commercials over the last 15 years :cool:

Yeah just 20 min ago... :p
Was catching up on my reading, and read this first...:facepalm:D :oops:

Sowwy... Hehehe... But great work! :dance

Back