• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best Tall Ship Festivals 2015

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
There are too many stories for me to do each year, even if I didn't have a real job and could look up stories full time, there would be far to many for me to cover alone over the course of a single year. There are so many Tall Ship festivals, Renaissance Fairs, Pirate festivals, and of course all the talented musicians, performers and impersonators. Each with their own stories to tell. I do what I can taking a few minutes to look up stories after work and writing up short articles when I have the time, or simply posting a link on our Twitter feed. This time of year I have a little bit more free time, so I look up stories I may have missed or didn’t have time to write about.

One such story is the recently constructed galleon San Salvador, which made her debut at the Festival of Sail, San Diego 2015. I could do a whole series of articles on her alone! Construction began in 2011, and was completed earlier in 2015.

Here is a great video describing the ship saw used to cut her framing timbers :

There was a lot more to the San Diego Festival of Sail, and though this next video's slide show moves along a bit to fast, there are so many great pictures from the San Diego festival that I included it anyway.

There were, of course, many, many other Tall Ship festivals throughout the world in 2015, and here is a small collection of some of the best I was able to find on Youtube.

SAIL Amsterdam 2015 | Participating Tall Ships

Amsterdam Time Lapse - SAIL 2015: Day 1

Amsterdam Time Lapse - SAIL 2015: Day 5 (Sail Out)

Tall Ships Belfast 2015

Tall Ships Greenport 2015

Finał Baltic Tall Ships Regatta Szczecin 2015

Tall Ships Races Parade of Sail Aalborg, Denmark 2015

Fireworks - Tall Ships Race Aalborg, Denmark 2015

As I stated before, I know there were many other Tall Ship festivals out there, please feel free to post in the comments about the ones I missed!

Attachments

• PA-logo.png
    PA-logo.png
    21 KB · Views: 46
Start with the San Salvador, she is awesome!! :onya

Yeah, it is a bit of a video overload, but they are all cool in their own way, I just had to share them all! That fireworks show is well worth the watch!! Still more videos to come in my next post, the Nautical Movie Trailers thread! :popcorn:

Back