• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beta 2 issues

gingerlad8000

Landlubber
I am having more issues with build 14,
again the game wont even begin for me, gets past the loader and then screen goes black, crashes and says, pirates of the Caribbean has stopped working etc.

installed on clean game,
no enb series or swifshader

not installed in program files

What graphics card do you have? As per our FAQ (check the link in my signature), Intel integrated onboard GFX cards can cause trouble like that.

I also remember some game version have a corrupted MODULES folder.
Extracting these files will sort that out: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/modules.zip

Does the game work before installing the modpack?
You can try the error logging also explained in the FAQ; that would give us some more information.

Those log files are TINY; it doesn't get very far at all, does it?

Sounds like the game crashes at the point where the first video is supposed to play. Can you move your RESOURCE\VIDEOS folder elsewhere to check if it works without the videos?
We do have a note in our FAQ (see link in my signature) on the game sometimes having troubles with ffdshow; are you using that by any chance?

no it doesn't :/

moved the resource videos, ran the game still doesn't work

I have no idea what ffdshow is so I assume I'm not using it, strange because it worked fine with beta 1 on the final patch

If you reinstall Beta 1, does that work again? If so, try to install Beta 2 on top of that.

Could be, I suppose. Otherwise I'm at a loss. The fact that Beta 1 works proves that Beta 2 should be able to work too. :modding

I have just downloaded beta 2.1 full and installed it on a clean version of the game still theres an issue :/ apparently there is an Internal Driver Error if this helps?

Two years ago I was having a really bad time trying to get build 14 working. It would crash a dozen or more times a day. The only answer I kept getting was that it worked fine for them.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. :facepalm I have both build 14 beta 1 and beta 2 on this computer and they both work fine. Do you know how to set up a Data Execution Prevention exception?

again the game wont even begin for me, gets past the loader and then screen goes black, crashes and says, pirates of the Caribbean has stopped working etc.

installed on clean game,

I have had beta2 wiith all the fixes working on two computers. I installed 2.1 and am getting the exact same porblem described above the game wont run.

My system 8 mo old dell xps 17 .

installed on clean game,

I have had beta2 wiith all the fixes working on two computers. I installed 2.1 and am getting the exact same porblem described above the game wont run.

My system 8 mo old dell xps 17 .

Aha! More information. I must admit I have not installed beta 2.1 yet. First I got sick and spent 2 days shivering in bed and now I have a pinched nerve in my neck and can not sit here very long.

Back