• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 3 B14 full, trouble launching.

Cappy Dexer

HoO Team Member
Quest Writer
Provisional
When i launch it gives the terminated error other's also have been getting. There are these two files in my directory, log files. Hope these tell the coders something!
(Have an intel card, stock game worked with fix)
(Installed in E:\Pirates of the Caribbean)

-- error.log

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

-- system.log

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

You have intel graphics and installed the supplied fix?

If so, then it is either a bad download or incorrectly installed.

You don't just need "b14_beta3_full". Do you also have "b14_beta3_installer.exe"? That's the one you need to run in order to install the game.

You don't just need "b14_beta3_full". Do you also have "b14_beta3_installer.exe"? That's the one you need to run in order to install the game.

Yes. I put the .zip (b14_beta3_full) in my stock game. Then ran the installer.

You have intel graphics and installed the supplied fix?

If so, then it is either a bad download or incorrectly installed.
I have installed the intel fix. Although not through the mod installer, i did so with the apart download a while before. So i should try to reinstall the game? Il try that. Install stock game, outside of Program Files. Then put the zip in it, then the installer of the mod? Hope that does it. Il tell if it did or didnt do so.

Thanks for the reply's ;)

Yes. Install stock game somewhere that isn't "C:\Program Files"; put both the zip and the installer somewhere (it doesn't need to be the same place as the installation of the stock game but I believe the zip and the installer need to be together), run the installer, and watch for it to ask where to install - that's where you tell it where you put the stock game.

:facepalm Someone else who didn't bother to read the instructions.................:rumgone

You are doing it completely wrong.

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

^ Definitely an installation error. I've seen that before, but can't remember specifically what caused it.
Most likely causes are:
- Installed in Program Files (eg. Windows Security Stupidity messing it up)
or
- Corrupted 7-Zip archive (check that it has the correct filesize)
or
- Manually extracted the 7-Zip archive instead of letting the Installer EXE take care of it

So you want me to pretty much just drag the files from the ZIP into my installation folder? And il disable WS/WF to be sure then. Im 100% sure about the Program Files. To be bloody sure il even record this try, why not? Thanks once again :)

NO!

1. Download Build 14 Beta 3.2 Part 1 and Part 2 and put them in a folder together.
2. Install a clean original POTC outside of program files.
3. Click on the installer exe and point it to your POTC install and pick the options you want.
4. Play!

NO!

1. Download Build 14 Beta 3.2 Part 1 and Part 2 and put them in a folder together.
2. Install a clean original POTC outside of program files.
3. Click on the installer exe and point it to your POTC install and pick the options you want.
4. Play!

What i am going to try is install it on my C:/ disc, instead of E:/. I saw the installer do some stuff on the C drive, maybe that has to do with it? No clue, worth trying i guess.

Your installer folder should look like this and the files should be this size. It could be a bad download.
Beta3.2 installer folder.jpg

I made the 7zip file a normal .zip, is that a problem? And thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)

You should not touch it at all. The installer will unzip it and put all the files where they need to go. Just "browse" to your POTC install when it asks where to install to.

I made the 7zip file a normal .zip, is that a problem? And thanks for all the help, really appreciate it :)
Does the Installer EXE not give an error message when you do that??? I'm surprised it would let you get away with that! :shock

Definitely false. As Hylie said, you should keep the file-name and extension exactly as-is, otherwise the Installer EXE can't find it.
The error message is there to let you know it isn't working right.

Definitely false. As Hylie said, you should keep the file-name and extension exactly as-is, otherwise the Installer EXE can't find it.
The error message is there to let you know it isn't working right.
Haha yea. But i got it to work now!! Maybe it was the drive thing? Not sure. Thanks for the help ;)

Back