• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 3, POTC has stopped working

installing only the full beta 3, i still get the runtime error.

Attachments

• error.log
    83 bytes · Views: 147
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 151
ok.... :D i installed the update separately and the game started working. i still have some missing textures tough

Attachments

• compile.log
    6.7 KB · Views: 144
  • system.log
    3.2 KB · Views: 144
We've all got those weird "missing texture errors". Not sure why, but they do no harm.
If you SEE that there are textures missing, that is a different story. But perhaps luck is finally on your side this time! :cheers

I see no missing textures but I just checked the logs and found missing textures and animations from there... but i guess i finally got it to work. after 12 hours of retries... I'm admiring my own patience right now :D one more thing... i played the game a little bit and the sea is weirdly distorted in the distance. any tips?

it looks like this

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 133
That's because I had missed out a file from the full installer archive. It is included in the latest update versions.
Should look normal after installing the newest version.

that's weird because i did install the latest update and i installed it separately from the main archive. that's what got the game working. and now there is STILL something missing o_O :p

Did you put it in the correct folder? You have the manually point it to RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\BUMP_G3 .
I didn't make that ZIP as a "pretty" patch, I'm afraid.

i extracted the zip archive and copied the .zap to the correct folder, overwriting the previous one.

And that doesn't work? That's bizarre! I know that file is the cause of it. Is there no end to this weirdness?!? o_O

Perhaps you'll have better luck with the public release version then. :modding :modding :modding

And there is a problem with Hoist The Colours storyline. Once in Nevis, in the pirate settlement tavern, Bill and Susan don't appear, so i cant get any further from there....

Wa? But I played that part not so long ago and it WORKED.
Do you have any log files to go with that? Or can you post a savegame from just a bit before?

Wow. What is the common denominator that the people with this problem have? I wish we could have a round table discussion with them to sort this out.

i extracted the zip archive and copied the .zap to the correct folder, overwriting the previous one.
Well, I found ONE error that I made. I put the file in the wrong folder in the Update archive. Should have been RESOURCE\Textures\WEATHER\SEA\BUMP_G3 .
No wonder that wouldn't work. :facepalm

here are the log files. and the sea is no longer weird :D thx for finding the right folder. but i seem to be unable to upload savegames. the upload file utility doesn't show anything in the savegame folder
Edit: ok... i loaded an earlier savegame and Bill and Susan appeared so problem solved

Attachments

• compile.log
    37.3 KB · Views: 144
  • system.log
    21.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Back