• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Beta 4 - not working with Windows XP

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
:ahoy

Has anyone else had problems playing Beta4 ( or Beta 3-5 ) on Windows XP ?

I can play them on Windows 8.1 OK and on Vista.

But on XP the game does not load ( get windows error message at Main Menu or it loads and crashes when I attempt to load a Save ).

I can play Beta 3.4 quite happily on Windows XP.

The reason I am asking is because of using the tools - GM Viewer and TX Convertor, which I find only work in XP.

It means I have to keep moving between machines to check & test things. :modding:modding

:cheers

PotC has always worked fine on XP; that much I know.
Maybe it is a hardware/software incompatibility that happens to affect only your XP machine?

Have you tried the Intel Fix yet?

does it say anything in the system.log?

The video - is a Nvidia card - never had any previous problems with it. :shrug And Beta 3.4 works fine.

System & compile logs attached -- no error log generated.

I was trying to start a new Story - in the Tales of a Sea Hawk - crashed on the loading screen for the story.

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 75
  • system.log
    375 bytes · Views: 66
Code:
InitGroups();
    trace("Gauging: characters groups");
    ReloadProgressUpdate();
    InitIslandSmuggling();
    Trace("Gauging: smuggling");
    ReloadProgressUpdate();
    initCargos(5);
    Trace("Gauging: cargos");
    ReloadProgressUpdate();

@Pieter Boelen so it goes wrong in initCargos.

@Talisman could you start a new game and check in the task manager how much RAM potc uses?
It might be that the >2gb flag which is set for the enigine is conflicting in XP.

try this engine.exe

Attachments

• ENGINE.zip
    763.8 KB · Views: 63
Now the original engine is working OK - so I don't know what was happening. :shrug

In the task manager the original engine shows 176,416k when it loads to the Main Menu.

Thanks for the help.

:drunk

Back