• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

I just wasn't sure if you knew we had one, that's all. :onya
You can upload your version of the texture and I'll have a look at it if you want.

So does this Pearl have the same stats as the other? And what of the cursed Pearl? How do we use the new model for that?

Maybe it's just me, but the new Pearl looks too light. I think it needs to be darkened a bit. In daylight it looks almost grey.

Legendary_Spider i agree whith you. need to give a darkened in the pearl , I'm doing a lot of testing in pearl, and is doing very well.
for the cursed Pearl, I think it would be nice to have a cursed crew, is just a suggestion. :doff

Legendary_Spider i agree whith you. need to give a darkened in the pearl , I'm doing a lot of testing in pearl, and is doing very well.
for the cursed Pearl, I think it would be nice to have a cursed crew, is just a suggestion. :doff

We already have a cursed Pearl with a cursed crew. I was just saying someone needs to apply this new model to it. We already have some nice cursed sails for the cursed Pearl that Armada did. We also need to make sure we make sure the new cursed Pearl has the same stats as the other cursed Pearl. The cursed Pearl is a little faster and much tougher than the normal Pearl. Here's a shot of the current cursed Pearl which uses the old Pearl model.
keith.gif

http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/images/curse-of-the-black-pearl

Just to clarify, there are three Black Pearl variants: Cursed, Uncursed, and Standard (before the curse, I guess).
They all use the same model, but have different stats and sails. It's all cleverly done through code. ;)

The cursed Pearl is faster due to "removal of habitation related items", as stated in the code in ships_init.c. That modification was made when the stats balancing was going on early last year.
It is also stronger because it's supernatural, like the cursed Dutchman, and is difficult to sink. It needs to be that way for the Sea Hawk storyline, anyway.

As I said before, if anyone can improve the textures to be more film-accurate, then be my guest.
I was going to do it myself, but I decided against it because I have a lot going on with other projects at the moment.

Ah ok. So I guess the 3 Pearl variants are gonna use the new model then?

The textures look good except for the roof tiles on the captain's cabin don't look as clear and defined as the ones on the previous Pearl. The grating on the deck needs to be refined, and the area of the bow right under the figurehead looks too smooth. Aside from that, the ship just needs to be darkened.

great job, big thanks for the greatest BP ever! :woot

unfortunately sailors are still bugged to me (moving above the ship's deck, in the air)... Is it possible to fix that?

And in my opinion She needs higher resolution textures (current textures looks a bit fuzzy and yes, i agree, it should be darker)

Cheer!

Tyrael, did you complete this step correctly?

For the Black Pearl code updates
Open PROGRAM/Ships/ships_init.c in a text editor such as Notepad, and find the line:
Code:
refShip.Name				= "BlackPearl";
There should be three occurrences of this line. For each one, scroll down slightly until you find:

This line:
Code:
refShip.Walk				= "BlackPearl";
Delete 'BlackPearl', but keep the quotation marks (" ").

And this line:
Code:
refShip.WaterLine			= 0.3;
Change 0.3 to -0.7, and save the file.
After this, you need to load a savegame and press F11 for the changes to take effect. There should be no crew on deck.

The textures look good except for the roof tiles on the captain's cabin don't look as clear and defined as the ones on the previous Pearl. The grating on the deck needs to be refined, and the area of the bow right under the figurehead looks too smooth. Aside from that, the ship just needs to be darkened.
How about having a go at these improvements yourself some time? I did tell you how to convert between TX and TGA format so you can edit the texture in photoshop, if you remember... :wp
Look at the ship in GM Viewer, and take note of the textures listed in the 'Information' pane. They're the ones that need to be edited (well, mostly 'theBlackPearl.tga')

Oh, that explains it. :facepalm
I'd have thought it would be similar for CoAS. If not, you'll need to ask one of the GoF mod team for help on that.

How about having a go at these improvements yourself some time? I did tell you how to convert between TX and TGA format so you can edit the texture in photoshop, if you remember... :wp
Look at the ship in GM Viewer, and take note of the textures listed in the 'Information' pane. They're the ones that need to be edited (well, mostly 'theBlackPearl.tga')

Um, could you tell me how to do it again? haha

How did I know you'd say that? :rolleyes:

I think I mentioned something about it in a PM about the new Constitution, and again in another thread, and again somewhere else, and again in another thread I can't remember...
In other words, try searching for what I've already told you. :razz

Back