• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Armada, we have to use textures of the pearl made ​​by kazeite, in my opinion are the best made ​​and more detailed. :onya
I could not adapt them to the new pearl. :modding

Armada already said to go ahead and improve the textures if we could. Go for it.
me.gif

I'm gonna do what I can to help. The Pearl's my favorite ship in the game.

U could do a new UV map for it too use the prearl's texture,but it would require takin it in too maya
readon.gif

here's the pearl with the new sails and new textures. :doff
[attachment=7004:Sem título.jpg]

but I'm still working on them.

I think that texture's a bit dark, could you make her a bit more greyish/blue. Cuz if you look at her, she isn't actually black but more a kinda greyish/blue.
Also, if you are making new BP textures, I don't supposeyou could have a go at making a royal navy version please.

The model is beautiful. Good work.
me.gif

Some of the textures are definitely off. Here's some side by side shots of the Pearl model and the actual Pearl. One thing I'm noticing is the planks on the hull are too defined. I think they need to be smoothed out a bit.

[attachment=7005:33043-black_pearl.jpg] [attachment=7006:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 03-48-17-69.jpg]

[attachment=7007:pirates-of-the-caribbean-dead-mans-chest-20060711044637802.jpg] [attachment=7008:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 03-59-13-76.jpg]

[attachment=7009:BlackPearl pirate ship miniature.jpg] [attachment=7010:black-pearl-pirate-ship1.jpg] [attachment=7011:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 03-48-36-32.jpg]

i hope you dont mind if i ask here and not on technical forum so...
how can i enable cheats?
and where can i find ENABLE_CHEATMODE file?

The new Pearl does have a different UV map, which basically means the old texture doesn't quite fit any more.
I don't think that's a problem though, since the texture needs upgrading anyway. The quality of the original is about the same as the current texture.
As Zareth said, the UV map can be changed in Maya, and I can do that if necessary, but for now I'd really rather use the current texture and adjust it from there.

That's why I'm bugging Legendary_Spider to have a go, because of his Photoshop skills. :rolleyes:
What would be really impressive is to use photos and adapt them to the texture, like I did for the Victory and Constitution.

how can i enable cheats?
If you actually read the Frequently Asked Questions thread I pointed you to ages ago, you'd find it in the fourth post: http://forum.pirates...post__p__352880

so, I was analyzing a lot and agree with bonjourmonami, the textures are already good, but there is only a problem in front of the pearl, that part is brown, it should be a little more black and not brown. and that sails you are using are not very black, my sails are more black.
And you know the pearl is known as the ship whit black sails, and not brown sails. :cheeky

Armada or bonjourmonami, one of you could post the dameged pearl for me to do some tests with the textures. :onya

True, the front of the hull should be the same colour as the rest of it. And I guess your sails are more black, so we'll use them. :yes

Here's the damaged Pearl's hull model: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/DamagedPearl.7z
Just copy the rest of the models, like the masts and yards, from the normal Pearl's model folder.
man, youre doing a greate job
i better wait for an aop version of the gm files (or ship model)
if somebody have some news about an aop version of the ships , please just let me know

I'm looking around to and trying find how Armada told me to do this. I DO have really good photoshop skills, but I can't remember which threads Armada told me how to do textures in, GAH! I sure don't wanna miss out on doing some work for the Pearl.
dunno.gif

So you edit the textures in photoshop like this? Are they supposed to be all connected like this?

[attachment=7015:Fullscreen capture 8282011 123352 PM.jpg]

Sorry for the duplicate post, the site was being stupid.

Ok I have it figured out. I've been working on improving the texturing on the roof of the captain's cabin. How does it look?

[attachment=7016:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 14-05-56-63.jpg] [attachment=7017:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 14-05-30-46.jpg]

looks pretty good, Legendary_Spider, another thing I think you'll have to fix the prow of pearl too. I tried and the game did not apply what i had done in photoshop. :modding

There. How about that? I looked at some pics of the real Pearl, and that front part IS in fact brown. But it's dark brown like the deck.

[attachment=7018:moddingNGINE 2011-08-28 14-31-35-42.jpg]

Back