• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

black pearl my version

Give the man some rum! This is great news! :woot :cheers

My only query is about textures.
Firstly: how big is the texture file you've used for the hull? The maximum size is 2048x2048 pixels, so it's a good idea to make the most of that (if you haven't done so already), for optimal texture quality.
Secondly: I see the deck and masts are still a brown wood texture, and not the new black/grey texture from Build 14. Do you want me to send you that, to incorporate into the model?

I do have the B14 textures but I think they're too black, I just don't see them as charred wood. That's why I've used the old textures I might try to adapt the decks to be BP appropriate. cheers anyhow :doff

Making your own would work just as well; good point. :yes

A little feature I've added to the path model -

black_pearl_test_4_by_bonjourmonami-d3g4akg.jpg

You can now climb over the 3rd cannon on deck and go down the ladder, then walk forward/ aft along the water line, you like?

Are we planning on replacing the current Pearl model with this one?
Well I don't see why not, seeing how well this new one is developing. :yes

You can now climb over the 3rd cannon on deck and go down the ladder, then walk forward/ aft along the water line, you like?
So that allows you to walk off the ship, if I understand correctly? I'm not sure that would work too well, somehow.
The path model is primarily to allow the player to walk around the ship's deck, and to manually aim the guns on deck if they wish.
So allowing the player to leave the ship might seem a bit strange, if you see what I mean. :?

Are we planning on replacing the current Pearl model with this one?
Well I don't see why not, seeing how well this new one is developing. :yes

So that allows you to walk off the ship, if I understand correctly? I'm not sure that would work too well, somehow.
The path model is primarily to allow the player to walk around the ship's deck, and to manually aim the guns on deck if they wish.
So allowing the player to leave the ship might seem a bit strange, if you see what I mean. :?

I just thought it'd be cool to see the ship close up and see shots fired in the same view that some of the shots in the films are done, plus it clings pretty much to the hull, you could think of it as sidling along the hul in a dinghy.

Well I see what you're trying to achieve, and it might give a nice effect.
It's probably debatable, though. This kind of thing has never been tried before, to my knowledge. :shrug

One of the VCO ships lets you do that. The Batavia methinks. You can walk off the front of the ship then turn around and ogle the figurehead.

Are the crow's nests supposed to be that big or is it just the viewing angle?

The VCO thing is very much not intentional.

I do like the walk patch idea; most people wouldn't ever notice, but it does make for a nice angle for screenshots.
What we DID experiment with was allowing the player to climb up into the rigging.
It's a lot of work to achieve on ships, but it's possible.

run into a large to extra large hiccup fellas...

for some reason when you go back to the world map after a sea battle the game crashes... any ideas why this happens? :mm

Do you have error logging enabled? Check what system.log says. I wonder if that's what I think it is. Hope not though... :facepalm

Do you have error logging enabled? Check what system.log says. I wonder if that's what I think it is. Hope not though... :facepalm

Why, what could it be?

Do you mean error logging in maya or in PotC? when I exort it there is an error notepad doc but it's always empty so I've always assumed there's nothing wrong. How would I turn on error logging for PotC please?

When I say after battles, it is only after battles, if I just go into sail mode it's fine when I go back to the world map.

[ How would I turn on error logging for PotC please?

To turn on error logging in PotC see item # 5 in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

The logs should appear in your PotC folder.

:cheers

I meant the game's error logging. I've seen sometimes with certain models that they work fine until you reload to another scene and then the screen goes black.
But that's a black screen and not a crash, so maybe that ISN'T the case here. I hope not because I don't know how that one gets caused. :wacko:

got some good news chaps, I did some tests on the BP last night and the game didn't crash after sea battles, maybe my computer was just in a bad mood. :nk

Quick question, why is it that if you have the end rope points for a sail to close to the sail3/4's height it raises the bottom of the sail?

*Edit* - The Pearl works fine unless you board the enemy ships. afterward the game crashes if you go to the world map.

Quick question, why is it that if you have the end rope points for a sail to close to the sail3/4's height it raises the bottom of the sail?
It just seems to do that anyway; I'm not entirely sure why. :shrug
The best way to fix this is to move the rope ends either down the y-axis, or back along the z-axis, I find.

Sorry for the delay, been busy lately. Checked the system.log (I think) and it said there wasn't an engine.ini. but I don't think the file's right. It said the last time it was altered was 2008

Back