• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl

blackout1148

Landlubber
hey all,

firstly I'd like to say thanks for the great build mod, the story lines are amazing so far, thanks!

But when the new Black Pearl appeared after encountering Davy Jones on the Island after escaping Beckett's ship there was an error which halted the whole storyline for me

As i went to board the ship the bottom 3/4 of the screen goes black, however it is still possible to access the Main Menu (F1) and (F2) menu, this never happened with the Wicked Wench, only with the appearance of the new pearl, however i bypassed this by turning the ship into the Wicked Wench by running through the jungle to the shipyard and changing the appearance to the 'British Fast Galleon', so on with the storyline :)

However once we get to Isla De Meurte once Barbossa tells us to go to Cayman, once i go to the world map to sail there, the screen goes black, but the date remains the same, it is also possible to access both the F1 and the F2 menus again

EDIT: I've just realised after posting this it's in the wrong section, i meant to post it in 'storyline bugs', sorry

Do you have any error logs. :? ( system - compile - error - the files should be in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder )

Can you attach them to a post - hopefully they will tell us if there is a problem with the new version of the Black Pearl

Check this post - item no. 5 for how to enable error logging ---->> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

:cheers

Do you have any error logs. :? ( system - compile - error - the files should be in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder )

Can you attach them to a post - hopefully they will tell us if there is a problem with the new version of the Black Pearl

Check this post - item no. 5 for how to enable error logging ---->> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

:cheers

Hello,
thanks for the reply :)
I have the system and compile logs from the POTC main folder

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 170
  • system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 187
There's the problem:
resource\models\locations\decks\deckBP\deckBig_ld.gm: can't open geometry file
Check if that file is actually there; it should be. If not, RunMe.bat in the installation process was not run or security measures prevented it from doing what it needs to do.

There's the problem:
resource\models\locations\decks\deckBP\deckBig_ld.gm: can't open geometry file
Check if that file is actually there; it should be. If not, RunMe.bat in the installation process was not run or security measures prevented it from doing what it needs to do.

yeap, that file is not in there, i tried reinstalling but the file was still missing after runme.bat,

I will install build mod and POTC on another pc and copy and paste the whole game folder back to this pc and hopefully it will work :)

thanks for all your help, much appreciated :)

Make sure you DON'T install to Program Files, but say, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean instead. That should help if you didn't do so before.

Back