• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Black Screen when starting a new game

Slaymane

Landlubber
When starting a new game the game immediately sends me to the main menu, when I click "resume game" I just end up with a black screen and only a few parts of the HUD. Also the loading coin dosn't move smoothly but stutters.

I've manually set the resolution to 1920x1080 and windowed mode in the engine.ini.

From the logfiles there seem to be several leeks and this seems to be the reason:
LoadMainCharacterInFirstLocation: Error during LoadLocation!

The game is installed in "C:\Spiele\Age of Pirates - Carribean Tales", it was a completly fresh install.

upload_2015-2-9_14-28-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-9_14-28-31.png
    upload_2015-2-9_14-28-31.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 940
  • compile.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 102
  • system.log
    10.1 KB · Views: 72
"C:\Spiele\Age of Pirates - Carribean Tales"
^ That is a completely different game. How did you manage to install the modpack at all? The installer should give you an error message.

Thanks for your help. :)
I just recognised AoP and PotC are different games, altough the installer didn't threw any errors.

The installer checks for the presence of an ENGINE.exe and a readme.txt and gives an error message if those are not present.
If I recall, AoP does also have ENGINE.exe but NOT a readme.txt as it has a different name for that game.
So it should have given a message. Can you check your main game folder and see if there IS a readme.txt there and, is so, what it is from?

I've already deleted AoP 1 and turned back to AoP 2 GoF 2. There seems to be a news post about PotC being on GOG but I can't find it, is there another way to get PotC except for buying a overpriced used copy?

Edit: Also the mod does seem to atleast do something I guess AoP 1+2 and PotC are using the same engine as the game even starts with the mod installed to the wrong game.

Back