• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Black screen when starting new game

Oops. I misread your post. Your main screen should look like this and it probably does.
beta3 2014-08-04 06-49-06-17.jpg

The files in your Build 14 Beta 3.2 installer folder should be:
b14_beta3_full.7z - 2,445,572kb
b14_beta3_installer.exe - 115,441kb

Ok, now just to make sure it is installed correctly your Beta3.2 installer folder should look like this and when installing you point the installer to your POTC install.
Beta3.2 installer folder.jpg

I extracted 7zip file directly to the POTC and then installed the rest. Is there any difference by doing it? Or should I let the setup install 7zip file?

I mean you did not follow the directions and ended up with a bad install.

All you have to do is let the installer do it all for you. Just click on the .exe and show it where your POTC install is, then pick the options you want. I just choose the widescreen textures in addition to the main files.

I just made a brand new install and have been playing it. What part of the instructions did you find confusing? There are a lot of people who have problems like this.

I did that 'cause I thought there'd be no difference between installing this stuff or extracting it, the other thing was that I hadn't got enough free space so this seemed the best option... I'll try another time anyway. :type1

Hey i got a Blackscreen when i say new game but looks like all controls works but the screen is pure black

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 165
  • error.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 157
  • system.log
    1 MB · Views: 190
Hey i got a Blackscreen when i say new game but looks like all controls works but the screen is pure black
Definite wrong installation; LOTS of strange errors there.
Are you sure you followed the instructions?

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Install the stock PotC and make sure it runs OK
2. Create a folder anywhere, such as in "Downloads"
3. Download Part 1 and Part 2 and put them in that folder: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads
4. In that folder, click on the EXE
5. Browse to your PotC install. Point the installer there
6. Choose the options you want when asked
7. Play!

CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:
1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean

"error.log" contains a lot of this:
Code:
Present
The device is lost and cannot be restored at the current time, so rendering is not possible
What sort of computer are you using, and what sort of graphics card?

Im running on a laptop my processor is an intel I7-2670Qm cpu 2.20ghz and im on a nividea ghrapics card
NVidea graphics card is good; as long as it isn't an Intel one. :cheeky
But based on your .log files, I think the problem is with the installation, not with the hardware.

Did you let the Installer EXE take care of extracting the 7-Zip archive file? And did you have enough disk space for that process? You need quite a lot.

Back