• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Black screen

Blownzz

Landlubber
Hello,

Every time I try to start a new game it loads perfectly only when it's done I get a black screen, I can open the main menu and the character menu. When pressing escape after I have opened one of those menu's I still have this annoying black screen and can't do a thing.

Build: Build 14 3.1 Full 6th december 2013
System: windowns 7 64-bit

greetings,

BlownZz

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.5 KB · Views: 183
  • error.log
    1 KB · Views: 197
  • system.log
    375 bytes · Views: 183
If you have an Intel Graphics Card, you might want to check the "Intel Fix" box during installation.
And if you have another graphics card try to switch to that other one.

so u think the problem is my graphics card?
it can run crisis 3 on highest settings so i don't think that's the problem, or does this mod only work with intel?

It works better with non-intel graphics. Bit as I remember, I think I read some threads with higher or more latest graphics card and isn't compatible with the game.
The game is really old though. Its been around since 2003. :pirate07:I really don't know much about your problem so far unless its a bad download or a bad copy of the original version. Just wait for what the others would say and suggest.

:ahoy

A black screen at new game startup is usually a sign that the user has an Intel graphics card, which is not compatible with POTC unless the Intel patch is installed also.

Your error.log has some interesting things in it. Did you try to start the standard storyline?

yes i started the normal story line, also when i start the story line of jack which starts on land it works perfectly, only when going to sea i'm getting the black screen. I've too re-installed it with the Intel patch and still the same problem occurs.

p.s. I have the original game by akella on disk which i bought, so its not a bad download or bad copy of the original.

Can you provide the logs from Jack's storyline? Right now I'm starting to think you did get a bad download.

This game runs fine on Nvidia and AMD but does not like Intel graphics.

Here they are.

did some of the storyline, then fast traveled to my ship and black screen.

Attachments

• compile.log
    16.3 KB · Views: 185
  • error.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 188
  • system.log
    42.6 KB · Views: 216
Ya, there are the same problems plus some new ones there. Try downloading it again.

does not work

perhaps can you sent me a better explanation how to install it, prefer it in dutch, perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Ok, let us try pictures.

1. Create a folder where you download files. I made it in my Downloads folder.
2. Place a copy of STOCK POTC in that folder for an archive. This is so it is easy to find later.
3. Go to MODDB and download Part 1 and Part 2 of Beta 3.1 mod and place them in this folder. The 1st pic shows the contents of my folder and the path to it.
4. Install the stock POTC in your computer outside of program files. The 2nd pic shows the path to my beta 3 install.
5. Run Part 1 and point it to your POTC install.
6. Play the game.
Beta 3 installer folder.jpg Beta 3 install.jpg

Are you using a laptop with Nvidia graphics? Sometimes those laptops revert to Intel graphics for POTC, which can cause the black screen.

thanks, it might work

I did step 5 wrong instead of pointing it to the original gamefolder outside program files, I directed it to the same map where part 1 and 2 were.

let's see if this works

Thread marked as "Not a Bug". :onya

Back