• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Blades disappear when switching between Quality Options

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
If you switch the Blade quality mod off, every blade you have in your inventory, including the officer blades and blades in the weapon locker disappear and cause a CTD when e.g. board

EDIT: If you revert the switch, everything will appear again.

I assume Average blades would be the only ones that stick around?
Not much of a surprise; switching that mod literally does make those weapons stop existing.
To fix it, there would need to be code in place to check everywhere any weapons might be hiding and then replace them with non-qualitized versions.

I don't really see a solution here...
Unless:
- When changing to something else during the reinit it checks for these kind of things and if its an item with a durability which now doesn't exist anymore it will store this value somewhere and takes the default value. If you are doing a reinit again and the durability is restored it should put back the old thing. Else it could be an exploid where you can fix your weapons by enabling and disabling it.

I don't really see a solution here...
No simple solution, that's for sure.

Else it could be an exploid where you can fix your weapons by enabling and disabling it.
Could happen. Or you could be downgrading your stuff instead.
I don't think "storing the previous state" is at all feasible.

Simple solution: Don't switch between Weapons Qualities ON/OFF while in mid-game.
Fancy solution: Have the game replace all qualitized weapons with the default ones so at least you don't actively lose stuff and the game doesn't error out.
Having it restore the former state when switching back can definitely be skipped.

Back