• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Boarding: Inconsistent Crashes Related to Looting

Has anyone tried "Boarding and Looting during Big Ship Battles" in the recent Beta 4.1 WIP yet?
I'd quite like to know the status on this one.

Depends on what you mean by "big ship battles". I've raided a convoy, captured three ships, plundered a fourth, looted all the chests and bodies, and the game didn't crash.

Depends on what you mean by "big ship battles". I've raided a convoy, captured three ships, plundered a fourth, looted all the chests and bodies, and the game didn't crash.
That does certainly sound hopeful! This is with the Beta 4.1 WIP, right?

Please continue playing like that and do not hesitate to do looting during boardings.
It'll be good to know how long you can keep that up without the game crashing. :cheeky

I have absolutely no clue what constitutes a "big ship battle". It is "whatever conditions made the game crash due to looting/boarding in the past".

Best way to test it is to jump in between two large patrols. One opposing fleet, particularly merchants, may not crash even before the fix.

When I am sufficiently powerful to survive contact with a large patrol and be able to board several large warships, I will let you know the result. ;) But I've had crashes during relatively small battles in the past, which is one reason why I'm now in the habit of saving game right before a battle.

Now I'm in a condition where I could probably survive contact with a large patrol, I can't find one! But I'm pretty sure that even the lesser actions that I have fought would have had a few crashes in previous versions. (I have had one crash, out of I don't know how many boardings, but I get occasional crashes at other times too, so I reckon this was just one of those general random crashes and not specifically to do with boarding.)

Sounds hopeful then. I'm still holding out on a bit more feedback from other players.
Of course "the absence of random crashes" is quite difficult to specifically test for.

I still have the changes in place which I made myself, but I can tell you now that I haven’t had a single crash during boarding ever since.

That I believe.

But I want to know if my simplified version of it works equally well.
I prefer to maintain that transparent background if I can....

Back