• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bootstrap Bill Turner - Brock Brinkley Storyline

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
I have played the story line of not helping Shaypen at Grey Rock Bay (don't go to Tortuga & don’t meet Bootstrap Bill Turner).

Later in the story, after Davy Jones raises the Black Pearl I have to go to Tortuga to find Barbossa – when I get to Tortuga Bootstrap Bill Turner is waiting outside the Tavern.

He talks to me with the dialogue from earlier in the story when Jack Sparrow & Shaypen go to Tortuga, and he ends up joining me as an Officer/passenger even though I am way passed that point in the Story.

The quest book also updates with Mystery Woman text 5 ( again relevant to a much earlier point in the story )

I think he is just lonely. - he really should go into the tavern and get a drink :drunk

This might also be stopping Barbossa from appearing in the Tortuga tavern, as I cannot find him. :shrug

This is due to the problem you reported on entering the Nevis Pirate tavern where Susan Shaypen says that weird thing that appears from WAY before and it then goes to doing that weird quest.

If you have a save game from before then the line of code that needs to get rid of is in susan shaypen_dialog.c:
Code:
		case "Exit_become_partners":
AddPassenger(Pchar, characterFromID("Susan Shaypen"), 0);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, getCharacterIndex("Susan Shaypen"));
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Susan Shaypen"));
/*Pchar.quest.On_the_trail.win_condition.l1 = "location";
PChar.quest.On_the_trail.win_condition.l1.character = Pchar.id;
Pchar.quest.On_the_trail.win_condition.l1.location = "QC_Tavern";
Pchar.quest.On_the_trail.win_condition = "On_the_trail";*/
pchar.quest.Susan_Shaypen_Quests = "Ines_Diaz_with_Susan";
Dialog.CurrentNode = "First time";		
DisableFastTravel(false);

DialogExit();
break;
The part surrounded by /**/ is the part that is stuffing it up :yes
(I hope this fixes Barbosssa as well)

:onya

Thanks - I have a save from before then, so I will play it through again and let you know what happens.

:doff

Thanks for the fix.

I have played the storyline again, as before

Shaypen's strange dialogue - gone :onya

Bootstrap Bill Turner - no longer waiting outside Tortuga Tavern & no wierd Quest book update :onya

BUT: - Barbossa is still not appearing in Tortuga tavern :sad

Back