• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Bosun's pipe and anchor

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
First question: How to use the bosun's pipe I found in the cannon tower?
Second question: How to wake up the sleeping captain in a boat. I've jumped on the stone (that one with red chest) and I'm hitting the boat with anchor and nothing happens. The guy isn't even in the boat, I've checked it with free camera.
Thanks in advantage.
fjx
P.S. It's the cave shore part.:shrug

First question: How to use the bosun's pipe I found in the cannon tower?
Second question: How to wake up the sleeping captain in a boat. I've jumped on the stone (that one with red chest) and I'm hitting the boat with anchor and nothing happens. The guy isn't even in the boat, I've checked it with free camera.
Thanks in advantage.
fjx
P.S. It's the cave shore part.:shrug

1- The bosun's pipe is used to call all the captains on the cave shore to you - Use it and they will come to you - use again and they will go and just walk arround. You use it after the last captain John Gow has come ashore and joined you - to call the captains to you to lift the rowing boat off the red chest.

2 - You should have George Lowther - Thomas Cocklyn - Francis Spriggs - Christopher Winter - captains wandering round the cave beach.
The guy in the boat you are trying to wake up is Phineas Bunce .
from the walkthrough:-

Phineas Bunce
Go inside the Cavern and pick up the Boathook.
Go all the way to the top floor in the Wood Tower.
Use the Boathook to pull down the ladder from the ceiling.
Climb up through the hatch.
Pick up the Spyglass on the outside.
Use the Spyglass and zoom to the boat on land. A Pirate Captain is lying inside it.
Go to the boat and step up to the stone.
Equip your Anchor and hit hard on the side of the boat. Phineas Bunce wakes up and jumps down on the shore.

Then next John Gow
Phineus Bunce drops Key on Ground -- etc.

Walkthrough here if the above not clear -->>> http://piratewiki.net/index.php?title=Woodes_Rogers_-_Cave_Shore

if there is no one in the boat when you use the spyglass ( character not generated for some reason ) then you might have to go back to a Save from before you arrived on the Cave Shore ( eg in the chapel )

:read

1) I know what is it used for. I want to know how to use it, what buttons should I press, where to stand etc.
2) I've jumped onto the stone, equiped the anchor and hit it many times but It's still nothing. I've noticed the sleeping captain with the spyglass from the tower.
I am doing everything with walkthrough and I'm still stuck.

1) Equip the pipe. Use it by drawing it like a blade.
2) After watching the sleeping guy in the boat with the spyglass you step up to the stone (and the anchor autoequips).
Hit the boat once and he should wake up.

I tried this a moment ago with jumpstart "16" and it worked.
(I didn't get a crash at the flagpole wich was a very bad bug earlier.)

Back