• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bounty Hunter

Captain Reaver

Landlubber
Corsair, Secret Agent, Adventurer, Merchant, Carpenter, Inquisitor, and Bounty Hunter.

Yeah, Bounty Hunter would require a quest generator. But you could pick someone to give out bounties for each Nation. And of course the more a bounty was worth, the higher level the target and his/her ship would be. The bounty could be lower in coin, because the ship would be a part of the bounty as well. That way BH will not completely unbalance everything. You could be a National BH, or independent (Pirate).
I do realize that would be a difficult MOD to do, because it would have to keep track of a Nation's enemies. If you were a BH for England, and were at peace with the Dutch, then it may not be good to go after Dutch ships. Maybe it could still be done anyway. It's not like National Relations matter much to me anyway, seeing a diplomat is only a pirate town away.

*Edit* You could just add a list of bounties by nation. That way the player can just keep track of National Relations instead of the Mod having to.
Like the quest giver say, "I have Bounties for these Nations"....you click the Nation yours is an enemy of, and then you get a list of available bounties against that nation. And of course, bounties don't have to be just people or ships.....they can be items as well. So you could write some long and detailed quests if you wanted.

I like this idea, but the quests could be generated so that it uses the port controller who asks you to find a stolen ship. Those quests could be linked directly to the bounty hunters with new ones been put in to help increase the amount and difference in quests.

I like this idea, but the quests could be generated so that it uses the port controller who asks you to find a stolen ship. Those quests could be linked directly to the bounty hunters with new ones been put in to help increase the amount and difference in quests.

Sounds good to me.

Back