• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Brave Black Flag

Okay, seems to be working. Just in case I have updated the download link to a re-compiled version of the mod where I installed them one over another to be sure nothing got left out. If you still have problems try downloading again and using the new version.

Download for new "Internal settings" file added to top of main post. This gives the proper information for the new "Corsair Refit" which replaces the "Pirate Flush." You can use the new file or simply look for the following text in your current Internal Settings file: // Pirate "flush" of ships and replace the entry below it with that found on this version.

Last edited:
Talk to any of the three pirate governors. The option to join comes on the second time you speak. On the first they will offer you a mission. Just talk to them again and there will be an option to the effect of "I want to join the Brethren of the Coast." This is the equivilant of getting a letter of marque from them.

At the moment there is no new story content for BBF, it's just a freeplay scenario with all of the standard game side quests. I hope to add a new series of missions for it down the road but for the moment I don't know how to add missions and haven't really had time to learn.

i wish i could help you but if i do something wrong i will get banned perm so i going to stop posting staff for now.

At the moment there is no new story content for BBF, it's just a freeplay scenario with all of the standard game side quests. I hope to add a new series of missions for it down the road but for the moment I don't know how to add missions and haven't really had time to learn.
Just let us know what you have in mind and we can point you in the right direction. :yes

i know this is not related but Pieter if i get banned will i be able to make a new account because my profile has one more warning on it and i get perm. sorry for asking. :(

How about you prevent yourself from getting banned? We're not deliberately trying to get you banned, you know?
Just apply a bit of common sense and courtesy and you should be OK. :cheeky

A little honesty goes a long ways. We had to ban VHF a while ago even though he was a contributing, active member. Why? His autism means he has trouble figuring out right from wrong and he just lied too much. We don't have time for that.

Talk to any of the three pirate governors. The option to join comes on the second time you speak. On the first they will offer you a mission. Just talk to them again and there will be an option to the effect of "I want to join the Brethren of the Coast." This is the equivilant of getting a letter of marque from them.
Wow, I like that. I hope there will be a promotion or offer to be a Pirate Lord in the future. That's really worth something of a name/title. And maybe Pirate King. :cheeky
Where you'd be given a special/magical trinket (like the special piece of eight from the movie) which can be equipped as a sign or confirmation of the title. Heheh. :dance

Wow, I like that. I hope there will be a promotion or offer to be a Pirate Lord in the future. That's really worth something of a name/title. And maybe Pirate King. :cheeky
Where you'd be given a special/magical trinket (like the special piece of eight from the movie) which can be equipped as a sign or confirmation of the title. Heheh. :dance

I have some problem @Jason, although I has your old 1.0.3 version. I will download the new 1.0.3.
The problem is, main character is not moving after the story start inside Captain's cabin(BBF). Totally stuck. Error log is in below.
And few question in mind.
Is seven officer from begging is only intended for BBF story?
(I am used to play with arced mode & manually add skill point enable)

Attachments

• error.log
    364 bytes · Views: 199
  • compile.log
    8.4 KB · Views: 189
  • system.log
    7.4 KB · Views: 183
As to the character not moving, you can try hitting F12. That will sometimes clear it up. Otherwise it's just a flub and you need to restart. That happens to me as well sometimes since before I started working on the mod so I don't think they're related.

The log entries seem to be random error messages that you get which are unrelated to the modded files. That happens with a lot of mods in general as so many work-arounds are used to make things happen. I think you just had a random starting error. Trying installing the mod again if this continues to happen and let me know how it goes.

The starting officers are specific to BBF, they are not meant to be in any other scenarios.

If you use the manual skill system then the profession box will be blacked out. You actually CAN still use it though it has the effect of giving you an extra 5 levels worth of skills from the start. Just click on the black box and select the background. It won't show in the window but the points will be there when you start.

If I recall, some overly large starting ships cause trouble on New Game for the Standard storyline and therefore also BBF.
Simple solution: Don't use those. And if you do want them, use GiveShip2Character to get them after the tutorial.

Does anyone happen to have this storyline merged with the New Locations mod?
Would save me some time and effort when including it in the next modpack release.... :wp

Back