• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Bridgetown fort is undestroyable

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hey, after maybe 2 years I'm back here. My HDD crashed (again) and when I finally had all my Data again, I somehow forgot about this game. I recently found this masterpiece again on my old HDD and am playing now I think :)D) Beta 3 WIP 16 (the last version I had on the HDD, unfortunately I can't download any new ones because of my stupid data restriction of my ISP :/ )

So my problem is, that the Bridgetown Fort is undestroyable.. I mean really no damage at all.. I am firing 1000 salves of my Bellona 32 LBS Carronades and nothing happens.. I tried the Speightstown Fort for testing, and it was down in 3 salves..

Also, I still have this stupid "no active profile" error - but it seems that Pieters go-around code works, and I can still save the game (even with the right profile). Only thing is, that if I want to load a savegame, I have to close and reopen POTC

I seem to remember this being reported before. Thought I fixed it a while back in one of the Beta 3.3 WIP versions.
But I can't quite remember now.

Sounds like the version you are running is pretty old by now.
Why can't you download the new version?

Well because I have a LTE-Connection, which is restricted to 30GB Data Volume, after this we only have 384kbit/s, so downloading such a big amount of data would be unfair to my flatmates.

I always thought that you changed this storyline-chapter, so that you actually attack from the jungle? Because I still think, the Forts are way too hard to destroy

as I said, I use Beta 3.0 WIP 16

btw, did you changed much of the code in Beta 3.3? Since I made some of my own 'balancing' and would want to play with this on, for example I massevily changed the Block-stats for all weapons, since it was really frustrating for mr to block but dying nevertheless.. I can remember that at the time I was active, there were some thoughts about the fight-difficulty?

All sorts of changes have been made. Especially since before the Beta 3 release.

The jungle fort assault was because the actual sea assault was bugged.
I fixed that some time last year and the sea assault has been reinstated ever since.

If you know the files you edited, keep them and you can use WinMerge to put any changes back in.

Well I have Beta 3, for example I have the new caribbean map and cartagena, so my version is not that much older I guess^^

Ok, very nice, I know every single file i've modded ;)

BTW, since I am here again, I can start to contribute again. But I can't code much anymore, so most I can do is testing and giving ideas

If you are indeed on Beta 3, then all you need to get current is Part 1 which is 28 mb. At least if you still have Part 2 around.

I will just download it at University ;)

Back2Topic: Can I somehow manage to get around this mission?

The WIP installer I have dated 11-9-2014 is 280,718 KB.

I know of no way. The old way was to just start on the dock and the new way where you destroy the fort first always worked for me.

If I recall, I deliberately kept the later installer compatible with the pre-Beta 3 archive file.
My suggestions:
1. Get the Beta 3.3 WIP installer only and install that on a COPY of your current game folder
2. IF that doesn't work, get the current Beta 3.2 installer from ModDB, install that and THEN install the Beta 3.3 WIP
3. ONLY if that also does not work right would you need the full Part 2

okay so IF that works, I can start testing and so on? Or will my version still differ from others?

New game required? :/ I just captured my beloved Bellona :( xD

okay so IF that works, I can start testing and so on? Or will my version still differ from others?
I can't be sure on Options #1. Only way to know really is to try.
Option #2 should put things right almost for certain.

New game required? :/ I just captured my beloved Bellona :( xD
New game required for sure. And on that subject, perhaps you want to hold off for a little while longer, because I do have another update in the works.
I just put all the new stuff into my own game version, but I want to give it a bit more attention and perhaps fix some bugs first.
But it'll probably be along somewhere over the coming week or so.

okay, well if it works, then I just run the installer over my first copy, too, and then I just use one copy for testing and one for playing^^

Option 2 works :)

Uhm.. did you add/ changed anything in those files: cannons_init.c ; ships_init.c; log_interface.c; items_init.c? Otherwise I can just copy+paste those files^^

I'd recommend WinMerging them. Ships_init.c and items_init.c have most definitely been modified a fair amount.
The other ones I'm not entirely sure. Better check....

Wha? You can't get the program or can't figure out how to use it? Once you get used to it, it is ridiculously easy and very convenient.
It shows you the differences between two versions of the same file. That allows you to find your own changes and port them over to the Beta 3.3 code.

Back