• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Bridgetown fort is undestroyable

files over 2mb can't be uploaded here. Just compress the image a bit (smaller size or so) or use a other uploading service or images and use the

And what is the change to be made?

Note that you can find the text files in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\English\Storyline\JackSparrow\QUESTBOOK or something like that.
I'm writing from memory, so cannot remember the exact path. It is something like that.

The fact is, QB was not updated even if the turn of events have progressed already. I was able to follow the story line thru the wiki walkthrough. We should look into why the update fail so as to give ease for gamers.

could you provide a savegame prior to the place where the QB should update? so we can check what is happening there and why it doesn't update?

Edit: btw dude you should really read your mail :p.

First question then would be if the update failed for some reason or if it was never added in the first place.
Have a look through those text files to see what is already there. If anything is missing, we'll need to dive deeper into the code add add some extra questbook updates.

The QB remains the same (even if the story progressed). I was already interacted with various characters namely, 1. Cpt. Teagues, 2. Returned back to the treasure and 3. Sailed to Cayman to meet Cpts. Maximus and Phillepe.

This is same concern mentioned above (The Brotherhood) although, I already overwrite my saved game. The fact remains, no updates takes place after every important interaction or after a task was made.
28926a12-a5a5-4294-bd40-e9773a3b40f0.jpg

these are all possible questbook entries voor the quest:
Code:
title=The Aztec Treasure.
text.t1=I have gotten a piece of Aztec map off Thomas Tipman.
text.t2=The diamond smuggler Clint Eastwood exchanged a bit of Aztec map for diamonds.
text.t3=Annamaria approached me asking for a job on my ship when I entered #sOxbay# on #sisland_Oxbay#. After I said yes she said she was just looking for some adventure and gave me a piece of Aztec map.
text.t4=I have another part of the map to the Aztec treasure and an unusual compass.
text.t5=Barbossa gave me the last part of the map. We are going to sail to the Isla de Muerte to get the treasure.
text.t6=We found the treasure, but Barbossa says we are being followed by an English squadron. We should hoist the Portuguese flag and sail for #sisland_Cayman# till they are gone. And then change the flag back to the Jolly Roger.
text.t7=I left the tavern on #sOxbay# on #sisland_Oxbay# and was approached by a woman by the name of Annamaria. She gave me a piece of Aztec map.
text.t8=The pirate leader on #sisland_Quebradas Costillas# has given me another piece of the Aztec map.
text.t9=Captain Phillipe and Captain Maximus have found the final piece of the map in the #sPointe a Pitre# tavern on the island #sisland_Guadeloupe#. We are going to sail to the Isla de Muerte to get the treasure.
text.t10=Susan Shaypen on leaving me at #soxbay# on the island of #sisland_Oxbay# to go back to #sisland_Redmond# gave me a piece of Aztec map.
text.t11=Annamaria told me I need all 4 parts of the map to find the treasure cave and a special compass to find the Isla de Muerte.
text.t12=I have collected a piece of the Aztec treasure map from Annamaria as requested by Captain Petros.
text.t13=Captain Petros has given me another piece of the treasure map.
text.t14=Thomas Tipman told me that I will need all 4 parts of the Treasure map to find the cave with Cortez's treasure and a special compass to find the island it is on.
text.t15=I have obtained another piece of the map from Nathan Kell.
text.t16=This is madness. I can't just sit here. I think I should search the other bays on this island. You never know I might find something to help me.
text.t17=Couch Captain Charles has drawn from memory a rough sketch of the piece of the map that he had, and sent it to us. We are now going to sail to the Isla de Muerte to get the treasure.

Sorry, mate I can't understand the codes you sent. Am no modder, I just lay the facts which I thought someone can improve the game.

I believe this stuff is all fixed now. If not please reopen.

The Pintel one for sure. Haven't a clue about Bridgetown. As far as I'm aware, that part of the Main Quest does work.
(Even if it is somewhat dodgy....)

I believe that was fixed also in this thread a while ago. it was still open because of the pintel thingy

I didn't even know the Pintel thingey was reported before.
@ANSEL made a separate issue for that one and it is only after I saw that one that I fixed it. :facepalm

Anyway.... All good!

Ok, Using Build 14 Beta 3.4 I have ALL of the symptoms of the original post, including:
1. Bridgetown Fort is undestroyable
2. I tried the Speightstown Fort for testing, and it was down in 3 salves. (Perhaps after taking the town it's not mine yet, I don't know why. The fort is still full of english)
3. I have this stupid "no active profile" error for quicksaves so I have to save manually from menu.
4. If I want to load a savegame, I have to close and reopen POTC.

Just Load the save and sail to bridgetown, to test.
Here's the save file:

Attachments

• -=Arman=- Open Sea June 2nd, 1753.rar
    702.7 KB · Views: 149
Back