• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

British Navy Promotion Ships

Hannes

Landlubber
Where can i find a list on promotion ships for the british navy? If there isn't a list then what are the promotion ships?

The actual code for them is in PROGRAM\NK.c and almost looks like a list.
It is different for each nation and period and has a bunch of character specific exceptions too.
Therefore there isn't really one single list that can be posted.

Simple version: you get what you're assigned.
Mostly, you start small and get a bigger ship on each new rank.
You get a companion ship on two of the ranks instead.

The actual code for them is in PROGRAM\NK.c and almost looks like a list.
It is different for each nation and period and has a bunch of character specific exceptions too.
Therefore there isn't really one single list that can be posted.

Simple version: you get what you're assigned.
Mostly, you start small and get a bigger ship on each new rank.
You get a companion ship on two of the ranks instead.

I found it! I also noticed that there is code for Jack Aubreys promotion to a Lieutenant and him then getting the dear old Sophie. So how to i start a new game with Aubrey as a Lieutenant or earlier ranks? Ive only found one starting option for him in free play and that is with the Surprise.

I found it! I also noticed that there is code for Jack Aubreys promotion to a Lieutenant and him then getting the dear old Sophie. So how to i start a new game with Aubrey as a Lieutenant or earlier ranks? Ive only found one starting option for him in free play and that is with the Surprise.
With the Select Storyline character screen fame level set to "Specific", you can choose from a limited set of characters.
Change that to "Named", then use the other filters to find Aubrey again. You will find this "fake" Lieutenant Jack Aubrey:
upload_2015-12-18_22-25-21.png

That was specifically added to allow you to start as Aubrey earlier in his career.
You'll start with the Sophie and eventually on promotion will get the Surprise as well.
Stephen Maturin and many other familiar names and ships will appear as you progress through the game. :yes

There is also a third fame level available: "Any". That allows you to choose from virtually all character models in the game.
As that makes for a rather overwhelming choice, we set up that limited set of "Specific" characters.
They do make for a wide variety of characters and all the other ones are just a few clicks away. ;)

With the Select Storyline character screen fame level set to "Specific", you can choose from a limited set of characters.
Change that to "Named", then use the other filters to find Aubrey again. You will find this "fake" Lieutenant Jack Aubrey:
View attachment 24688
That was specifically added to allow you to start as Aubrey earlier in his career.
You'll start with the Sophie and eventually on promotion will get the Surprise as well.
Stephen Maturin and many other familiar names and ships will appear as you progress through the game. :yes

There is also a third fame level available: "Any". That allows you to choose from virtually all character models in the game.
As that makes for a rather overwhelming choice, we set up that limited set of "Specific" characters.
They do make for a wide variety of characters and all the other ones are just a few clicks away. ;)

Man this is great! Im gonna relive my favorite fiction adventure! :napoleon

Man this is great! Im gonna relive my favorite fiction adventure! :napoleon
Glad to hear you approve! Please let us know how it goes. We added that feature specially for people like you who may want it.
But it is always great to find out that it IS actually being used. Feedback on how well it works would be welcome too.
This is all quite new functionality and not many people have played with it just yet.

Quick question. I managed to delete my profile, is there any way through cheats to gain relation points with nations?

Quick question. I managed to delete my profile, is there any way through cheats to gain relation points with nations?
In the Beta 4 WIP, Numpad 9 triggers instant promotions.
This does require having ENABLE_CHEATMODE on 1 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Back