• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

broken / oddly-directed waves

simlei

Landlubber
Hello,
just wanted to know if anyone else encounters this, and if this is an issue, or if it is inherent with the engine (like: unfixable, won't fix), and, of course, if there is something to do about it:

2011-10-09_2225.png

2011-10-09_2229.png

This doesnt occur all the times this "hard", often it's barely noticeable, but then again, sometimes it's hard to overlook.

Kind regards,
Simon Leischnig

There is a "local area" around the ship that has sharp boundaries that can be seen well at certain angles. It has recently become more noticeable due to ongoing improvements. You are the first to mention it, but I have it also.

i'm pretty sure that's happened ever since the wave size has been increased in build 13.

Mh okay,
wouldn't it worth giving a shot to increase this local area? In it, waves seem to be rendered near-perfect.
I imagine a slider in the settings to adjust the radius/root of local area

Anyway, good to know its normal.

I think we once tried to increase the wave draw distance, but I vaguely recall that didn't change anything.
If it CAN be done, I'd expect it to be somewhere in RESOURCE\INI .

Sorry for digging up this old topic, but I've been looking into this, since it appears to still be an issue, at least for me.

I'm not sure if it is unique to my configuration or if the OP had the same issue, but I notice a lot of waves "popping in" and "popping out" of existence when I'm sailing. Is this also part of the issue with the local rendering area for the waves? And does anyone else have this issue, or have an idea of how to fix it, now that 2 1/2 years or so have passed since the last mention of it? (that I could find via search, at least.)

Thanks mateys!

EDIT: Also, if no one knows what I'm talking about, I can attempt to capture some video of the issue.

Back