• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUG REPORTS

JohnV

Terrain Machine
3D Artist
Terrain Sculptor
I think there should be a thread, where we can post any bugs that occur in the game. If you experience bugs with the game, please post them here to keep everything more organised.

I just experienced one, and I think I have to share it.

I have just captured Saint-Pierre as commanded by De Poincy, after I killed Levaseur and reported to him.
Strangely, many game crashes occured at that point and had to reload several times. after leaving saint-pierre and headed for the "Searching for true sentinel" quest, to search for brother, something really weird happened. While at sea, I could only "sail to" forts, no option for ports or shores. This happens anywhere I go. I tried re-loading a save before the battle in saint pierre, when everything worked fine, but same happened. So, it seems it's like a bound-to-the-game bug. No way to go back...

Haven't tried to start a new game and see if it doesn't happen then. I will try and see, though I must find a way to return to my save without this bug...

Just to be clear, what do you want to see done with these bug reports?
As a "just so people know", it can work. Or you can try to convince the developers to do something about them.
But I understand SD:TEHO doesn't allow access to the code files, so any bug is pretty much unfixable from this side.

I have just captured Saint-Pierre as commanded by De Poincy, after I killed Levaseur and reported to him.
Strangely, many game crashes occured at that point and had to reload several times. after leaving saint-pierre and headed for the "Searching for true sentinel" quest, to search for brother, something really weird happened. While at sea, I could only "sail to" forts, no option for ports or shores. This happens anywhere I go. I tried re-loading a save before the battle in saint pierre, when everything worked fine, but same happened. So, it seems it's like a bound-to-the-game bug. No way to go back...

If you really want to see that fixed, you should report it to developer Joruba here:

[Important] Bugs, crashes, translation :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]

Good luck!

Just to be clear, what do you want to see done with these bug reports?
As a "just so people know", it can work. Or you can try to convince the developers to do something about them.
But I understand SD:TEHO doesn't allow access to the code files, so any bug is pretty much unfixable from this side.

I was thinking of bringing up bugs here, and anyone that knows how to fix them, suggest a solution. However, it seems this is not the right place indeed.:unsure If you feel this should be closed, go ahead.

EDIT: Just found a guy with the exact same problem: Problems with sail to -command. :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]
And another one: Sail to command :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]

Compatibility function?

Last edited:
I was thinking of bringing up bugs here, and anyone that knows how to fix them, suggest a solution.
If you want to see them fixed, indeed the best thing is to mention them directly to @Joruba; either here or on the Steam forums.
He's probably one of the few people who does have access to the code files and might actually be able to do something about it.

Compatibility function?

Where exactly is compatibility function?

I'm currently having the same problem. Even weirder, it's preceded by a different problem, that is always crashing when loading a save after a certain point of the game. specifically during early guardian of truth mission, where i was tracking the pirate that stole the 3 items. any save i made from tortuga to barbados will crash when loaded. now in guadaloupe (vanilla scheme part) it doesn't happen anymore, but replaced by this sail-to problem. Another thing i noticed, after the tortuga part, every time the game loads (entering a port, fast travel, any screen with "Adventure Time") it takes longer to load. The loading clock makes a full circle. It never happened before.

Last edited:
Cannon firing problems.

I don't know if this is a bug or not. A friend also plays SD:TEHO, and he reported he has problems firing his cannons. Specifically, in many, random cases, the left click button does not work. he has to aim manually with 1st person view. But it does work half of the times. Apparently, this is really annoying to him. Strangely enough, it doesn't happen to me. Can anyone solve this?

Back