• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Bug with Black Pearl

Hi,

sorry for my bad English.

Is it normal, that i can't go on the Ship's Desk from the Black Pearl? When i go on it, i have a blackscreen....
I can make some screenshots.

And, when i go with Barbossa and the other back to the ship [ we are on the Isla de Muerte Island ], after some seconds on the Map come a scene but i only have than a Blackscreen

I hope you understand me :S

I can make a video, too.

Videos.rar

Lg

In the " RunMe.Bat " are only errors... is this the problem? I Found a other Thread with the same problem, but it not help me

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/black-pearl.18452/

have you maybe the " deckBP " Folder? Maybe thats the problem... but only from the ship.

The Scene in the world map gos with no other ship, i tested it... every time blackscreen [but the game has not a crash! I can use cheats etc. and i see the text, but thats all]

Ahoy and welcome, mate! :ahoy

Once you enable Error Logging, the files 'system.log' and 'compile.log' should always appear in your main game folder (e.g. C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean) when the game crashes or you close it.
If you could start the game, go to the Black Pearl deck, then quit the game and post the logs here, we could see what the problem is.

If the logs don't appear, make sure you have saved the file 'engine.ini' after changing the lines to enable Error Logging.

RunMe.bat always shows a lot of errors when it is running; don't worry about them, they are sorted out when the file has finished running.

i don't can save it directly, i put it on the desk and than i copy it into the main ordner.

When i than open the file look it so :

modules path = modules\
full_screen = 1
screen_x = 800
screen_y = 600
lockable_back_buffer = 0
screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
texture_degradation = 0
;controls = pc_controls
controls = pcs_controls
program_directory = PROGRAM
run = seadogs.c
show_fps = 0
safe_render = 1
texture_log = 0
geometry_log = 0
;offclass = soundservice
mem_profile = memory.mp
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts.ini
font = interface_normal
numoftips = 0
tracefilesoff = 0

[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1
;tracefiles = 0

........ [the other things are not important, i think.]

All is right, isnt it? But i dont have any Compile files or any other

i don't can save it directly, i put it on the desk and than i copy it into the main ordner.

When i than open the file look it so :

modules path = modules\
full_screen = 1
screen_x = 800
screen_y = 600
lockable_back_buffer = 0
screen_bpp = D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
texture_degradation = 0
;controls = pc_controls
controls = pcs_controls
program_directory = PROGRAM
run = seadogs.c
show_fps = 0
safe_render = 1
texture_log = 0
geometry_log = 0
;offclass = soundservice
mem_profile = memory.mp
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts.ini
font = interface_normal
numoftips = 0
tracefilesoff = 0

[script]
debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1
;tracefiles = 0

........ [the other things are not important, i think.]

All is right, isnt it? But i dont have any Compile files or any other

:yes - Yes that is right for the engine.ini file in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

Whenever you start the game - the following files should now be created in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder:-

System.log
compile.log
error.log << -- not always created

:pirates

You missed something Talisman. ;tracefiles = 1 enables error logging. Also, screen_x & y at the top is where one sets their screen resolution. Then farther down at "safe_render = 0" one can turn that off if it is causing troubles.
Then comes the error logging stuff.
engine.ini error logging.jpg

You need to remove the ";" in front of "tracefiles = 1", otherwise the code will not execute properly. (";" in .ini files acts like "//" in .c files)

Eh? All of the engine.ini in all of my installs are like that and they all give trace files including error.logs.

Also, what are ".bzw" files?

Clearly that line has no effect, then. Might have been commented out for a reason. (Isn't it "tracefilesoff = 0" that matters, instead?)

I think "bzw." is a German abbreviation, and in the context above, means "or". :read

No worries mate, we're quite used to non-English members. :)
There was, until recently, a German-speaking section of the forum for COAS mods, but it's mostly closed now.

Anyway, if you've set up Error Logging correctly (as in post #6, and forget what I said about the ";") the logs should appear in the same folder as "engine.ini", no matter what the folder name is.
You didn't install in 'Program Files', did you? If you did, it can cause problems with the game.

Hylie: shouldn't you also have "runtimelog = 1" instead of "0"?

Oh no! I have delete my savegames, because i have delete the compatibility Files

Mh... but, maybe can i do now anything? Reinstall the game or the Mod? Only i and some other people have this problem, maybe i must do anything other?

Example : I don't have the Black-Pearl Deck, thats one of the two problems... can i do anything?

Mh.. my game is in :

Computer > Acer (C:) > Programs(x86) > Bethesda Softworks > Pirates of the Caribbean

Is it right?
Ah, no, you need to install the game somewhere else. Anywhere outside Programs(x86) will do (for example: C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean).
Please reinstall the game and mod from scratch in another folder. You might find that your problem is fixed.

Back