• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Bug with reduced skill item effect

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
@Levis Thanks again for creating the reduced skill effect interface improvements, it is really great!

Finally got a chance to do some testing today, and found a bug.

On swashbuckler difficulty, I gave fighting forts book and gunner's drum to an officer. Both give +1 cannon, so at swashbuckler the interface should display +0.5 cannon for my officer on right clicking, .25 fighting forts and .25 gunner's drum.

Instead, only fighting forts is listed, and it is listed as giving + .31

It appears to be applying the effect twice, ie +1/4 + 1/(4*4), so the second item only gives +.06

EDIT: Also, items with +2 seem to also suffer from the same effect

Giving 3 items with skill boosts to repair, again only the name of 1 shows up.

EDIT 2:
Tested on sea dog with new campaign, same bug.

Purchased microscope, handy sea phrases, master keys, each should give 1/3, bonus only lists one book and bonus of .48

No skill boost

Last edited:
What about the actual effect on the skills?
Try switching to lowest difficulty, then give and take one of those items to trigger an update.
That should make the effect more pronounced.

Also, changing difficulty should trigger a "reset" on all characters now.
I don't think was added yet, was it?

Hmm...could be. I have to dive into the code to check it but might be I made a mistake somewhere ...
Will get back to this

Pieter, the skills don't update either (I had 3 bonus 1/3 items, it did not get a bonus).

The edit2 followup test was done starting a new campaign on sea dog, so the problem is there for new campaigns and seadog/swashbuckler, and it isn't an issue of allowing the skills to update. Can't run further tests right now as I can't play.

Levis, thanks so much! The new inventory screens and skills descriptions really are beautiful! For reference, here are the two components:

1) missing some of the skill items names when right clicking

2) seems to be dividing numbers again and again, reducing effect of second skill item, and then even more so third skill item.

Sounds to me like the new update isn't quite working as intended then.
I know it worked before the recent changes.
I'm sure @Levis can figure it out though. :onya

@Tingyun could you test this file for me to see if it solve it?
you probably need to run this in the console:
Code:
ResetSkillModifierAll(pchar);
or force a recalculation in another way.

place in
..\PROGRAM\characters\skills

Attachments

• skill_utils.c
    14.5 KB · Views: 89
Levis, will do, I will test within the next couple of hours as soon as I can get to my computer.

@Pieter Boelen , no the August 25th update is fine, I've been playing with it continously, no problems (except for the saved game glitch, but that seems to just be a save compatibility issue and is unavoidable since we want to add new items).

This is part of the new content released after august 25th. I went ahead and installed all the new content files, and am playtesting with them now to make sure I've tested them all together.

After this small caluclation thing is fixed, then I think all of the Aug 25th update and all of the new content released and linked on the thread since then has been tested and works fine, at least in my personal tests.

@ Levis

Skill calculation is now fixed! :) Thank you!

However, the right click screen still only seems to be displaying the bonus from the most recently acquired item. So if I first hand my guy a microscope, and then hand him master keys, right clicking will display only "master keys .25" However skill calculation is correct and on getting enough items the bonus skill goes up by 1.

@ Levis

Skill calculation is now fixed! :) Thank you!

However, the right click screen still only seems to be displaying the bonus from the most recently acquired item. So if I first hand my guy a microscope, and then hand him master keys, right clicking will display only "master keys .25" However skill calculation is correct and on getting enough items the bonus skill goes up by 1.
Do you have a different modifier too?
There should be a line under it showing the other item.

Levis, yes, for example, if I have 4 items that increase leadership by 1/4 each, my skill will now (with your great fix) properly increase by one, but the only thing listed on right clicking is the most recently aquired item, and it is listed as .25.

So the calculation is now fixed, it is just a display issue.

I am playing with realistic item bonuses only, but not sure if that matters.

ah I understand now. I will look into that too

please try this one

Attachments

• skill_utils.c
    14.5 KB · Views: 90
Tested with saved game, transfered all skill boost items away to another character to reset it, transfered back selectivelly, no change from before, still doesn't display anything but the most recent item when right clicking.

could you do dumpattributes(pchar);
and post the results from the compilelog here?

Here it is Levis, I used a test character.

she is at seadog level, has 3 + to leadership items (and is recieving a +1 boost as she should), 1 + to melee item, and cooking with albatross.

Interesting, cooking with albatross lists as -.32, when it should be -.33

Attachments

• compile.log
    24.9 KB · Views: 79
Back