• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Bugs and suggestions / build 14 beta 3.4

Drimlick

Landlubber
Hi!
I'm new on this forum, and I don't speak english well sorry^^
I wanted to thank you for your mod, it's the best mod I have seen on a game, and I played a lot of games :type1. I played POTC in 2003 and I loved it when I was a child :p, now with your mod I'm rediscovering the game, there are so many things to do in the game now :shock
If that can help you, I've a list of suggestions and bugs I had when playing with the version 3.4 of the build :

- I sold a Pinnace with many goods in the cargo, and bought a Merchant Pinnace. When I wanted to buy the Pinnace again, I saw that the sell price of the Merchant Pinnace was higher than its buy price, because the goods of the Pinnace were transfered in the Merchant Pinnace instead of being sold with the ship. So I can sell my Merchant Pinnace again, buy the Pinnace, and gain money infinitely.

- Sometimes the game crash when boarding, it seems to happen if we loot the corpses.

- I don't know if it's really a bug : I was fighting three spanish ships, with my two other ships. When a ship of my fleet was going to sink, the battle suddently stopped, and I could go to the map again.

- I think the officers we can recruit in taverns are less useful since we can have crew officers for free.

- Isn't it more logical to restrain nation choices for the main storyline to English? (If we are french we don't care about other french attacking an english colony^^)

- I think it can be better to have quests logs displaying from bottom to top, so we haven't to scroll to the bottom to see the lastest updates

- Add filters in trade screens ( display only my items, merchant items ..)

sorry if some of this bugs/suggestions have already been reported, or solved in version 3.5^^

Ahoy there! Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoy our work. :cheers

- I sold a Pinnace with many goods in the cargo, and bought a Merchant Pinnace. When I wanted to buy the Pinnace again, I saw that the sell price of the Merchant Pinnace was higher than its buy price, because the goods of the Pinnace were transfered in the Merchant Pinnace instead of being sold with the ship. So I can sell my Merchant Pinnace again, buy the Pinnace, and gain money infinitely.
Which modpack version is that? I'm pretty sure Levis fixed the shipyard buy/sell exploits some time last year.

- Sometimes the game crash when boarding, it seems to happen if we loot the corpses.
Sometimes the game is stupid. Save often!

- I don't know if it's really a bug : I was fighting three spanish ships, with my two other ships. When a ship of my fleet was going to sink, the battle suddently stopped, and I could go to the map again.
Did any of the enemy ships surrender?
Sometimes when they do, they trigger an extremely persistent bug where the whole squadron turns neutral.

- I think the officers we can recruit in taverns are less useful since we can have crew officers for free.
You still have to pay for your crew promoted to officer and they're low-level when you hire them.
In the Beta 3.5 WIP we're working on, you can hire specific officer types from the taverns too, which are higher level.

- Isn't it more logical to restrain nation choices for the main storyline to English? (If we are french we don't care about other french attacking an english colony^^)
For the Standard Main Quest, it indeed isn't all that logical for non-English players. But I don't see the need to actively prevent them from choosing another nation.
That is functionality that was once added for Free Play purposes and because not all players want to be English.
Of course this will be less crucial for Beta 3.5 because we've added a proper Free Play Storyline as well.

- I think it can be better to have quests logs displaying from bottom to top, so we haven't to scroll to the bottom to see the lastest updates

- Add filters in trade screens ( display only my items, merchant items ..)
Would both be nice, of course. But a tremendous amount of work and I'm not sure if the Questbook thing can be done at all.
We have nobody left here with a real familiarity with interfaces and there are still too many things we want/need to do.

About game crashes during boarding if you loot corpses, loot chests or exchange equipment with officers: you can't save game during the battle. The only thing you can do is save game just before the battle starts, waste time closing in to board, the game crashes, so you load the last savegame and close in to board again. Chances are that if it crashed first time after you looted a corpse or chest, it will probably do so again, so after the reload you'll need to restrain yourself and not touch any corpses or chests, nor exchange equipment with your officers.

It doesn't always happen, though - if you've got through the first ship, or even the first deck of the first ship, without the game crashing after you've looted something then you're probably safe for the rest of the battle. That's why I've never yet bought any bandages or other medical supplies, I've got all I need from ships' chests; and all my crew's weapons are second-hand, so to speak.

Thanks for your answers,
I'm playing with the release version of the patch 3.4, with the latest fix attached in the post (b14_b3-5_wip12Feb15.7z).
For the bug with the ships, the second time it happened to me I saw one of my ship surrender, but the first time I had this bug none of my ships surrender, but I didn't saw if ennemy ship surrender, so I think I had the bug you described.
Grey Roger -> thanks for the tip, I didn't know that if I loot the first ship without crash, I may have no crash for the rest of the battle^^

Back