• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Buil 13 quicksave dissabled

The Caribbean Fox

Liberator of loaded vessels
I was trying to get the quicksave function working hoping to avoid those pesky times where I take a couple class 2 ships and fat merchant loads with my humble bermuda sloop only to crash coming into port before I can save.

I found the quicksave commands and uncommented them so I successfully "activated" quicksave but I then get a message saying it has been deactivated until build 14. Im not to huge on code so I figured before I went rooting around in the quicksave file to find the line turning it off Id see if there was a good reason it was shut off.

I run build 13 with update 4, Im using amplificars modded sea.dll (way less crashes at sea and in port thank you very much sir) I dont really have any problems running the game, sure it crashes every now and then but not to bad and usually only in port or entering and exiting the world map. I just wish I could save at sea after battles so I dont lose those huge loads that took an hour or more of intense sea battling to procure.

Ive got a highly limited amount of bandwith right now so getting build 14 isnt an option unfortunately. If anyone knows why quicksave was disabled in the last build 13 or how to, and if its safe to, turn it on I would be very grateful.

Ive read these forums for a while now but never needed to post as I generally find my answer or enough hints to work it out from other peoples posts but as Im here, thank you guys very much for all the work and support you give this is a wonderful community and I believe the best game ever made.

After a bit more digging around in the forums it seems that "quicksave" may be different than the ability to save at sea, which is what im really after but my searches for that have turned up nothing leading me to believe thats what the quicksave did. So i quess Im wondering if there is a stand alone save at sea mod that I can get that will work with build 13 or would quicksave allow me to do said saving whilst at sea without being problematic, as I assume it may be as it was turned off. If it only allows me to save with the press of a button in places I could normally save thru the menu I dont much mind the 10 seconds it takes to do that.

QuickSave was disabled in Build 13, if I remember, because it was buggy and it wasn't fixed until some time during the development of Build 14.
All that does is to have a "Save Now" and "Load Now" hotkey on the keyboard for instances where the game allows you to save anyway.

Save At Sea is indeed something completely different and cannot be implemented into Build 13 because the coding is too complex to easily port over.

Thank you very much sir. I guess I will be anxiously awaiting a chance to upgrade to build 14 then. Although Amplificars fixes have drastically reduced my ctd's in build 13, Im looking forward to seeing all of the new content thats been added. Again I appreciate the help. Fair seas and a stiff breeze.

There's definitely a lot in there. I hope you'll be able to find yourself some decent internet at some point.
I know what it's like to have crappy internet; for work-related purposes, I'm stuck with that for 8 months each year. Very annoying indeed.

Back