• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 9

Ahoy There

I havent played POTS for a few months but as usual eventually I end up coming back for more.

The last time I played was on Alpha 6.2, and I never had any major problems getting the games to work, just a bit of trial and error.
This time though i am stumped, I uninstalled the entire game and deleted associated files and re-installed the stock game, then build 13 final on top. then i deleted the PROGRAM, DECKS, and RESOURCE.INI folders. so far so good. then when it come to installing ALPHA 9 about 5 seconds into it I get an error message

'ERROR - can not delete output file runme.bat

does anyone know where I am going wrong ? I always run the runme.bat after installing build 13 final is this wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Please see the first few posts in this thread:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14815-build-14-alpha-10/

The magic is that it looks graphically, identical to the stock game at first but everything under the hood has been vastly improved :3

Well, it looks a BIT better than the original game. Especially the new models and textures.
Oh... and my favourite flags. :cheeky

You can now visit Isla de Muerte if you like. You can find Hendrick Vanderdecken, seller of cursed ships, in the shipwreck.
Other than that, there's nothing you can do there outside the Jack Sparrow storyline. :shrug

where about's is gib's cant find him anywhere.

Open PROGRAM\console.c with Notepad and find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if (!bSeaActive) ref lcn = &Locations[FindLocation(pchar.location)];
    ref ch;
    int i;
    int limit;
Below this, add:
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "aztec_compass");