• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1 Feedback

I'm new to this forum :]

I installed Beta 1 and Beta 1 patch 3 mainly in the hope to fix my sea.dll error but it still doesn't work, can anyone help?

When does that error occur? Is it in the unmodded game too?
As per this thread? http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16401-the-usual-runtime-error/page__gopid__375230#entry375230

In Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 3

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:33 PM by Pieter Boelen

Cap'n Cook, thanks very much for your report on the itemsbox interface.
Can you confirm that it works properly without any unintended side-effects of the rewriting?

Itemsbox interface performance improved by Sulan (needs further testing)

I'm not entirely sure what caused the lag before, but apparently it was some ineffient coding of some kind.
You can perform a WinMerge compare on the Patch 2 and Patch 3 versions to see what Sulan did though.

The transfer of items interface for Chests & looting corpses is much faster now ( back to its old speed ) :onya

I have noticed that sometimes however the tick marks ( that show against equipped items ) move to other items ( see image) . The equipped items are Ok & have their tick marks when I look at them in my inventory - it is just on the transfer screens that for some reason the ticks have moved to other items. :shrug

I notified Sulan of this one and he said he'll look into it. :doff

And he just did so and found the mistake - sorry, I just didn't check for equipped items :wp

Find attached the fix along with a few other fixes (full patchnotes in the file):

version 3 2010-08-14
--------------------
Equipped item marker not set correctly when moving items - fixed
When swapping money it is added to character wealth instead of character money - fixed
Added loanshark to Charlestown bank (appears only in new games)
Removed strange half-buried rear exit-mansion (buildingset) in Bridgetown

No new game necessary (but you won't find any loanshark in Charlestown unless you start a new game).

Cheers,
Sulan

Attachments

• minifix v3.zip
    157.1 KB · Views: 168
About patch 4. It is early in the game yet and already there are things noticed. The two most improved ships so far are the Barque Longue and the Carrack. Impressive work on the crews and cabins. There are new ships it seems. Last nite I bought a class 4 heavy pinnace. I have never seen this ship before. A session in GMviewer seems to be on the schedule now. Is there new dialogs here and there? I thought I heard new things in the taverns. Anyway, lots of things to explore. :onya

PS: In GMViewer, fluet5 has a grayed out hull. Is this just me?

Last nite I bought a class 4 heavy pinnace. I have never seen this ship before.

PS: In GMViewer, fluet5 has a grayed out hull. Is this just me?
1) Class 4 heavy pinnace already existed. ^_^
2) There is no fleut5... :?

There are a lot of new ships in the lineup. Were some older ships removed? All year long I've seen a lot of VCO ships and not much else. I'm wondering about what caused this pinnace to suddenly surface. Hmm, I wonder what other surprises are in store? BTW, I'm liking that pinnace. It's huge hold (5900+ tons) and small crew makes it a cash cow.

No fleut5? That must be something I was messing with and forgot about.

Something else new. When entering and leaving storms there are now 2 loud beeps. Not always, but often.

Hi,
B14b1_P4

One thing that needs fixing is the settings interface....use settings ingame and the resume option is'nt one....adjust brightness etc. then quit is the only way forward.

damski.

There are new ships it seems. Last nite I bought a class 4 heavy pinnace. I have never seen this ship before.
All new ships are listed on the feature list.

Is there new dialogs here and there? I thought I heard new things in the taverns. Anyway, lots of things to explore. :onya
Nope, no new dialog sounds; I only removed one file that was considered annoying.

There are a lot of new ships in the lineup. Were some older ships removed? All year long I've seen a lot of VCO ships and not much else.
Not yet. The only ship that was removed was the Soleil Royal.

Something else new. When entering and leaving storms there are now 2 loud beeps. Not always, but often.
It could be that the addition of details to ships caused bugs with them which causes the beeping.
We'd have to check which ships cause this. :modding

One thing that needs fixing is the settings interface....use settings ingame and the resume option is'nt one....adjust brightness etc. then quit is the only way forward.
Very true. That's a long-standing bug and I don't think anyone's got a clue what to do about it.
See here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/tracker/issue-150-lose-game-after-changing-options/

Just got the game in the mail today. It took me like 5 hours to install all the mods Wait.... Actually it took me like 5 hours to install the real game :)

Everything is great so far. I only had one crash at the beggining, but that was because i was messing with the volume right before i started the game, and they interfered with each other. The game is very stable. Im using 14. with the patch. One quick question though, how do i know where the towns on the islands are located? i just keep sailing to the ships around the island, figuring theyre the guard ships, but sometimes theyre enemy ships. Is there a map i can print out or something? Help would be appreciated, and once again the build is great and very stable. Before i forget, are there any other.... add ons (like 3d sailing) that i need to install. Im not sure if theyre built onto Build 14 or if theyre separate. Great Job!

One quick question though, how do i know where the towns on the islands are located? i just keep sailing to the ships around the island, figuring theyre the guard ships, but sometimes theyre enemy ships. Is there a map i can print out or something?
There's a map of the archipelago in F2>Inventory>Maps. You can buy maps of the various islands from the traders. That should help you find things.

Of course Realistic Game Mode is enabled by default these days, but can be disabled in the Options menu.
See "New Horizons Tutorials & History.pdf" page 123 for information on what's influenced by Realistic Game Mode.

Before i forget, are there any other.... add ons (like 3d sailing) that i need to install. Im not sure if theyre built onto Build 14 or if theyre separate.
There's nothing else you need; DirectSail is included in the modpack as well. :yes

One quick question though, how do i know where the towns on the islands are located? i just keep sailing to the ships around the island, figuring theyre the guard ships, but sometimes theyre enemy ships. Is there a map i can print out or something? Help would be appreciated, and once again the build is great and very stable. Before i forget, are there any other.... add ons (like 3d sailing) that i need to install. Im not sure if theyre built onto Build 14 or if theyre separate. Great Job!

Ships can be anywhere arround an island. :sail There are maps of each island that you can buy from stores & traders. :yes

If you are playing in Realistic mode ( default ) then you have to sail close to town or beach before you can go ashore ( some of the towns on the new islands look like beaches ( area of sand ) as you sail arround the island - also Fast Travel is not available on Land until after you have found the place for the 1st time ( same for Sail To command I think - have to find a beach / Port 1st then it becomes available in future on Sail To) -- I don't play in Realistic mode ( too difficult for me :cheeky ) so I am not sure about this.

In Arcade mode you can use the Sail to quick command at bottom left of screen by Pressing Enter. - to take you to a port or beach.

Build 14 & patch 4 includes everything - no add-ons required :drunk

Fast Travel is not available on Land until after you have found the place for the 1st time ( same for Sail To command I think - have to find a beach / Port 1st then it becomes available in future on Sail To) -- I don't play in Realistic mode ( too difficult for me :cheeky ) so I am not sure about this.
I can confirm that is correct, though. :yes

Back