• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 2.5 Internal Release Available!

The "character type" selector is still visible, although empty, in the select storyline interface when I choose that I will distribute skill points manually.
You're absolutely right. Turns out that was due to my "locked" storylines change overriding the appearance of that selector.
Fix attached in "select_storyline.zip"; extract to PROGRAM\INTERFACE .

When looking at the "Ship's Log" screen in the player menu, it seems to be for the brown interface even if I have selected the blue interface. There might not be a Ship's Log screen for the blue interface.
Right again! Indeed it was never made in blue and we totally forgot to do that. How is this?
(Somehow I find that paper on "Write New Log Entry" to look out-of-place, but I'm not sure what to do about that...)
ShipLog.jpg

Extract attached "ShipsLog.zip" to RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES .

Thanks for catching both! :woot

Attachments

• select_storyline.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 157
  • ShipsLog.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 150
It seems there is a large storm surge now. I have not seen this before.
That looks like Charlestown, but I cannot replicate that even with weather set to "Day Storm" and 50 kts winds.
And that deck looks like "locations\decks\deckLow" aka. "ShipDeck4", but that one is behaving properly as well for me.

How exactly did you visit those locations? Perhaps that makes a difference. I noticed, for example, that the Standard Storyline Tutorial wasn't using the correct MaxSeaHeigh value.
Perhaps the same is happening elsewhere in the code.

How exactly did you visit those locations? Perhaps that makes a difference. I noticed, for example, that the Standard Storyline Tutorial wasn't using the correct MaxSeaHeigh value.
Perhaps the same is happening elsewhere in the code.
For some reason, my Standard Storyline Tutorial fix doesn't seem to be working. And it turns out you can't even visit your ship's deck in a storm anyway.
So perhaps I should just undo these changes as it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth. :facepalm

The ship deck is from a surrendered heavy brig. I was unable to beat that Captain and had to leave after many attempts.

The town is Charlestowne and that water is creepy as it can come out from beneath those stairs and run across the town.

When I click on that thread it shows the 1st page but Firefox can not finish loading it. It shows the "busy" green circle for minutes before I give up and move on.

Two other things.

Even the Bermuda Sloop does not fit the last slip at Bonaire.

This fellow at Tortuga is speechless.

Attachments

• dialog.jpg
    dialog.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 177
The ship deck is from a surrendered heavy brig. I was unable to beat that Captain and had to leave after many attempts.
The town is Charlestowne and that water is creepy as it can come out from beneath those stairs and run across the town.
I undid all my "max wave height increases", so that should put an end to this again.

This fellow at Tortuga is speechless.
You're right. Nobody ever made that dialog file, by the looks of it. Let's give him "QC citizen_dialog.c" for now like the other characters in Tortuga.

Public Release Version Available!

See the opening post for what will be the public release of Beta 2.5 . I'll be working on a News Article now to submit it to the ModDB shortly.
If no further evil stuff crops up, that means we won't have any more updates every few days so that we can actually do some REAL playing again for a while. :cheeky

ahoy !

awesome ! that wil be the version i will translate for the french community, awesome work ! i will also (role)play and test a lot :)

Back