• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 14 BETA 3.1 Polish translation

Sorry for confusing you. Consider last two posts in that link. Long story short (I learned that phrase from Pieter): I definitely stopped my translation due to big problems with communication in the team, mess in the files, lack of the time (and now a bit health too) and because of that I simply lost my willingness. This was taking much of my time and focus but I just don't feel like it would end up good due to problems mentioned above. I said anyone interested can PM me if he/she wants to continue my (not entirely) work because there is much done already (I keep the files on my PC). I apologize to anyone waiting for it but you gotta consider that I was doing it in my free time and wasn't paid for anything. Now I have school again and want to do other things with my life, please respect that. I'm waiting for hate comments now but this is my decision.
And a HUGE thank You to all the people involved in helping me (especially on PA). I think your work didn't go wasted at all. Cheers Mates.:cheers

A translation of all game content is a HUGE amount of work. And getting people to actively work together is ruddy bloody hard as well.
So I certainly understand it is a tough undertaking and very time-consuming.

Would you be willing to upload your files somewhere? Then at least if you or anyone else would like to continue in the future, there will be a start.
There have been many translation efforts started over the years, but none ever finished and the files all vanished. Always seems a bit of a shame to me. :facepalm

Thanks for your understanding. You know best how hard it is to coordinate people. I said I will keep the files on my computer so interested people can PM me about it. I think it's a good idea for now.

give me ur files i can finish it :) I try it
I have now 60% translated age of pirates 2 now :)
I can try it new horizon mod for pirates of the caribbean :napoleon

give me ur files i can finish it :) I try it
I have now 60% translated age of pirates 2 now :)
I can try it new horizon mod for pirates of the caribbean :napoleon
Wow, this was unexpected. Well, first thing: thank you. Judging by your post I had some doubts about your English, but if you say you have experience with AOP2, respect. As everyone can see from the title, I was working on Beta 3.0/3.1 so most of the interface files are outdated a bit. There is still much to do.
Skoro chcesz (chce Pan?) tłumaczyć to dalej, to chyba rozumiesz też coś po polsku, nie? Proszę o kontakt przez prywatną wiadomość, a prześlę pliki. Powodzenia i pozdrawiam. fjx

That contains an executable. Without knowing exactly what it is supposed to do, I have no intention of running it.

If the people who created it can extract all the files into folders such as "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\POLISH", "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\POLISH" etc., I'll have a look to see if there's anything which can fit into NH.

Also: I just tried putting "Spolszczenie" into Google Translate. Apparently it's Polish for "Crack".

That contains an executable. Without knowing exactly what it is supposed to do, I have no intention of running it.

If the people who created it can extract all the files into folders such as "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\POLISH", "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\POLISH" etc., I'll have a look to see if there's anything which can fit into NH.

Also: I just tried putting "Spolszczenie" into Google Translate. Apparently it's Polish for "Crack".
No Sir, Google Translate still messes up hard from time to time. As a native Polish speaker I can assure you that "spolszczenie" means "Polish translation".

Or "unofficial Polish translation" to be exact. These kinds of translations usually used to be downloaded from the same kind of shady sites that contained cracks for various games, maybe hence the confusion.;)

Fair enough, but the original objection stands. It's an executable, I can't see anything useful in it by examining it with 7-Zip, and I'm not running it until someone tells me exactly what it is supposed to do.

Especially if there's a chance that the source of this file is a shady site. ;)

I've scanned the rar with Kaspersky Total Security and it didn't find any threats. Although @Pieter Boelen, where did you get this file from and why did you post it in my dead translation thread here?

Somebody posted it on our Discord while discussing a Polish translation for TEHO.

Because it's the same subject:
Polish translation of PotC.
Wow, I didn't even know Polish TEHO translation was a thing, but well, I guess that's nice. Although I play all the games in English nowadays anyway. I don't mind you posting related stuff here, sorry if you took it that way.

Back