• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Build 14 Beta 3.3 Public Release To-Do List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point! Forgot about that.
What I did is to hijack the book images for the ones that fit, which must have been those two.
Then for the other ones I did some copy pasting from Wikipedia.
So I suppose the two empty book text files can be deleted.

Monday i will test some more.
also i sugest changing a few parameters for ship surrender, i will post them soon. And the rarity of the skilllbooks needs to be changed.

about the books we can change them to text very easy, its just changing the item type. Search in the item init for skillbook and see what is different for 1 and 2

Also i need conformation all locked skills can be unlocked now.

about the books we can change them to text very easy, its just changing the item type. Search in the item init for skillbook and see what is different for 1 and 2
If you want to have all of them text-based, indeed that can be arranged. I used the pictures mainly as placeholders, since they were made for AoP2:GoF.

I dont mind that much, we can always Add more books if there is text :). As long as the book fits the description.
btw also balancing things are welcome.

btw also balancing things are welcome.
Seconded. :yes

That should ideally be done by people who actually PLAY the game. Isn't hard from a coding perspective.
It just takes trial and error and a lot of playtesting.

Also i need conformation all locked skills can be unlocked now.

I have problems to unlock the "Thoughness" Perk.. I encountered only one single ambush so far and this was at shore, so it seems that it didnt count :/

About the Blade Kit.. For me, most of the time blacksmiths have one or two.. so that is ok, if we adjust the level at which it can appear, cause I already got one when I was like level 4 or 5?

And about the balancing: What exactly do you want to balance?

Soo about the balancing.. I recently noticed that the Black Pearl and QAR have quite weak HP.. feels a bit odd imo since they still are quite big ships. They are actually a little bit bigger than a Poseidon, which has about 9000HP and te BP and QAR only 4500 and 5000. Not right, I think^^

And I still search a rather small ship (about a size of a brig or sloop) which has maybe too big cannons installed.. I encountered a merchant a few days ago, with 2 ships and the 2nd ship was that brig or sloop.. and he just fired with his stern cannons (2) and my heavy pinnace lost about 25% HP :O

I also balanced quite a couple of things for myself, if you want a list :D

And I still search a rather small ship (about a size of a brig or sloop) which has maybe too big cannons installed.. I encountered a merchant a few days ago, with 2 ships and the 2nd ship was that brig or sloop.. and he just fired with his stern cannons (2) and my heavy pinnace lost about 25% HP :O
Compile.log should generally contain a list of all ships in your encounters. So if there is ever a ship you want to check up on, I recommend you check that file. :doff

I also balanced quite a couple of things for myself, if you want a list :D
You'd be welcome to post your suggestions here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/balancing.23862/

These are the main remaining issues before I can consider Beta 3.3 to be ready for public release:
- Ensure the Blade Care Kit shows up in game by @Grey Roger
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/reduced-blade-break-chance.24094/
STATUS: Rarity to be tweaked to show up at a reasonable frequency

- Check if Female Officer Percentage code can be fully re-implemented by @Pieter Boelen

- Ensure no major issues with Capture Colonies Mod:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...thaniel-hawks-after-capture-for-player.22415/

- No Worldmap Encounters with submerged Flying Dutchman by @Pillat and @Levis
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/no-worldmap-encounters-with-dutchman.24242/
This mainly requires testing and some trial-and-error, I again would like for everyone available to help out with this!

It is my hope to make the proper release before January 5th as that is when my vacation ends again.

Forgot about testing capture colonies.. If I'm still up2date, it only has to be testet if new towns work right?
Yup. You can test on whichever version you're on. It will be great to get this one confirmed working soon. :woot

Could you upload a new version with all the latest tweaks and fixes Pieter?
Mostly so i have my files up to date again.

And so we can test the things properly

I put some files together already yesterday, but that didn't include your Smuggling Mod.

How soon do you need it?
I want to have a look into the Capture Colonies for a bit as well before I include Smuggling, because then I can still use ANSEL's savegame.

Ok, would be Nice for me if its uploaded before january 1st. Probably wont have time before that.

I will try to get the fetch quest back tomorrow, might become saturday cause I dont know how much work it will be. But I still think we can include it again in a release :).
Are there any more pressing issues?

Are there any more pressing issues?
Nothing major that springs to mind.
Still to be done:
- Add weapon model and way of getting the item for Neptune's Trident
- Adjust dialog files for newly added town
- Restore Fetch Quests
- Ensure the Blacksmith dialog files are OK now
- Also need to figure one thing out for the Cartagena Tunel location, but I already asked Bartolomeu about that

Some slight issues still on the Bug Tracker, of course. Most annoying ones would probably be these two:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/cannot-loot-corpses-under-go-to-ship-icon.24354/ - Not really a problem if Auto Loot is ON (=default setting)
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-surrenders-the-whole-group-surrenders.24319/ - Long-time issue. We can survive keeping this problem a while longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back