• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Build 14 Beta 3.4 - Crash upon killing NPC

toyman19

Landlubber
Hello, lately I have started experiencing crashes upon killing enemy NPCs both on land and on sea. I am running build14 beta 3 straight from downloads. This does not happen always, but most of the times (>80%). It also happens when my crew members kill someone and I belive also when they are slain. I have tried disabling corpses and auto loot but unfortunatelly it did not help.

Attached you can find error logs compile logs and my most recent save. I thought this might be cause by meeting some admiral in grand turk, defending him against former captain, but I have loaded previous same games and the problem still occurs. Would be grateful if someone could drop a shed of light on this one as I would hate to start over.

Attachments

• compile.log
    17.4 KB · Views: 94
  • error.log
    3.1 KB · Views: 98
  • -=Player=- QuickSave 61.7z
    459.3 KB · Views: 81
@yoyman19: I don't readily know what went wrong there. At the very least, you'll be wanting the ZIP attached here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 3.4 Release | PiratesAhoy!

At the moment we're hard at work on finalising Build 14 Beta 4, which will be a huge step up from the version you're playing.
You can find the latest test version here: Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing | PiratesAhoy!

In the meantime, I have moved this issue to the "Support Forum" because it does not apply to our current game version and we don't want to create unnecessary confusion about that. :facepalm

Beta 3.4 ought to be stable. That's why it was made available for general download!

Try deleting the file "options" in the top level of your game directory. You'll then need to set up any control key assignments or game preferences again, but you won't need to start a new game. "options" sometimes gets corrupted which can cause all sorts of weird problems.

Failing that, try loading your earliest savegame and see if that gives the same problem. If not, try progressively later savegames, see which is the last one where you get the problem, and start from there. If all your savegames now give the problem then something has fouled up with the game itself. In that case, copy your entire "SAVE" folder somewhere safe, uninstall and reinstall the game, put the "SAVE" folder back, and see if you still get the problem.

As an experiment you could also try starting a new game with a different profile name so that you don't lose your existing game; or start a new game with a different storyline. It doesn't matter which storyline, the only point of this is to see whether a new game has the same problem with crashing when someone gets killed - you probably won't be continuing this new game for very long anyway.

Hello, I have followed Pieter advice and installed the latest beta version but I ran into problems again :)

I was playing 2 days without any issues but the last time I played POTC stopped responding so I shutted it down with ctrl+alt+delete, now the game simply freezes during loading. Attached latest compile and system logs, error logs are not being generated. I have tried running it as administrator, compatibility mode, download windows compatibility toolkit, deleted options file, none have helped. Would appreciate if you could take a look at this.

EDIT: reinstalling the game, will post again if this will not fix it.
EDIT2: reinstall fixed the issue, please mark as resolved.

Attachments

• compile.log
    821 bytes · Views: 106
  • system.log
    274 bytes · Views: 98
Last edited:
I was playing 2 days without any issues but the last time I played POTC stopped responding so I shutted it down with ctrl+alt+delete, now the game simply freezes during loading. Attached latest compile and system logs, error logs are not being generated. I have tried running it as administrator, compatibility mode, download windows compatibility toolkit, deleted options file, none have helped. Would appreciate if you could take a look at this.
Nothing crash-worthy in those log files, I'm afraid.

Moving all your saves outside your game folder can occasionally help as well.

Back