• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 Beta 3.4 Installation Issues

lucho1392

Sailor Apprentice
Well first of all let me apologize for big time bad english. Now started the game with Jack Sparrow main story and it was fine but just in the beginning (the sailor who speaks to Gibs) some textures were in grey like not loaded but that didnt bother me at all. Later with Jack after seeing his dad i was at the dock and idk why but when used "F3" i dont really remember if that was the key I used, the screen went black and cant see a sh@t :modding But the weird thing is that i could enter the "F1" and "F2" menus.

P.D: The stock game never worked (crashed after "New Game") and I did tried everything in this forum to fix it without results. So after installing beta 14 the game runs and I was like :woot:D:D but then lovely bugg or glitch or ik what in Jesus name appears :modding:modding

Edit: So started new game with Nathaniel and Jack Aubrey but the black screen was there. Then started one with the assasin and no black screen but has u can see in the pic theres a lot of textures in grey. I dare to say that black screen appears in open sea.
Edit 2: Well..... SH@T!! Saved game to upload the pic so it was just like the image i uploaded, afterwards loaded game and guess what... YEAH black screen again! This is fustrating plz lend me a hand here :ko

Attachments

• compile.log
    5 KB · Views: 66
  • error.log
    3.3 KB · Views: 78
  • system.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 84
  • System info.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 165
  • graficos en gris.png
    graficos en gris.png
    2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
:ahoy

Missing textures are usually a sign of a bad download. But you say the stock game does not work at all. This looks like your stock game is defective. :shrug

Code:
Undeclared identifier: SHIP_SCHOONER2_ENGLAND
That is a reference to stock game stuff. Your original game is corrupt and/or the modpack was installed wrong.
Definitely an installation error of some kind.

Well i downloaded bot files from moddb. In the instructions it says that u gotta put both files in one carpet but the .exe says it gotta be outside so i just copy and paste all files from part 2 in my PoC carpet and then aplied the .exe

And about the PoC stock game well i am just a humble student and have no resourses to buy the original game so i downloaded it from internet,first it was the skydrow version but couldnt get the pass to unzip, then found this one http://www.excgame.com/pirates-caribbean-pc/ (thats the one with the "New game" problem)

I really love pirate and ships games so kinda desperate to play it :/

It is pretty obvious that those online games are defective. Then you blew it with installing the Mod. Do not copy and paste and do not unzip. I'm surprised it ran at all.

Ok so can u give me a low-minded tutorial? hahaha so i wont f@ck it up next time :p

And i really appreciate all ur hlp :*

Back