• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.4 Release

@Pieter Boelen we almost reached the maximum size for the zipfile AGAIN :p. Would it be possible for you to compile a installer tonight?
As far as I know everything I want to fix is fixed now, so unless other problems show up that would be the release installer (I HOPE IT IS :p).
Then sunday we can release that one.

I want to go to bed, dammit. Quite exhausted. Installer will have to wait until Sunday/Monday....

Also @Levis, could you do me a favour and double-check those 100+ changes I made in the governor dialogs?
There is every chance I messed one of them up, which would either cause governor dialogs to break or the LoM line to have the wrong text. :facepalm

Two further notes @Levis:
- fetch.txt should have been removed, right?
- Using 7-Zip allows a bit more to be attached. ;)

fetch.txt is back! I made the fetchquest in the questbook again.
I used winrar for this one :p.

In that case, fetch.txt seems to always relate to the tailor:
Code:
text.t1=The tailor of #stown# asked me to get #damount# #sgood# from somewhere and deliver it back to him to get #dmoney# gold coins. But I have to deliver it before #sdate# or i will receive nothing.
Should be #stype# I presume?

Oops :p yes that should say #stype#

Fixed in the first post now.

@HellSailor or @Pillat could any of you confirm the toughness perk can be unlocked? Did you find any raiders in the jungle. Also do the perks you get from captains work.
im also curious to hear if you take a captain as officer What perks he can pick from.

Please also let me know if perks like rush work properly and still activate.

@Levis :Yes, it can be unlocked, though you need a quite high level to convince those raiders (otherwise, the dialog option doesnt show up at all). I would recommend to tweak this a bit, since this perk is quite important, and should be unlockable quite early in the game. Maybe you could also add the 2nd option, that you unlock it if you kill all the raiders

@Levis :Yes, it can be unlocked, though you need a quite high level to convince those raiders (otherwise, the dialog option doesnt show up at all). I would recommend to tweak this a bit, since this perk is quite important, and should be unlockable quite early in the game. Maybe you could also add the 2nd option, that you unlock it if you kill all the raiders
There is something in place already.
If you are level 8 and fencing at least 4 you can pay 500 to get the perk. If you are above 15 you can get the perk for free.
I think getting to level 8 and fencing 4 should be possible without having that perk, else I'm welcome to other sugestions.

fencing (melee to be 100% correct :p ) 4 is fine, level 8 is maybe a bit too high.. I'd suggest it to reduce to level 5 or 6, since, as I said, this perk is really important right from the start (when I play without locked perks, I start with Basic Defense and Basic Ship Defense, Advanced Defense and then immediatly Toughness). So I had theoretically at level 6 enough ability-points for toughness, but can't get it since I can't unlock it :/

And I still think, it would be nice to add the option to just kill all 4 of them to unlock it^^

Okay I just removed the level cap all together. You still need to be at least fencing level 4 to have the option to get the perk but you need to pay for it. After level 15 you can get it for free ;).

Oh and to say it in jack sparrows words "I couldn't resist mate" worked some more on the officer generation. Officers can now have perks which are still locked for you. Having a officer with a unlocked perk wont unlock it for you, you still need to find the unlocking, but it will contribute. So if you find yourself a officer who has say Improved smuggling you will have a chance of having smaller guard encounters etc.

Also the ability points the officers have should be fixed now, they should have the right amount of perks assigned to them and sometimes have some points left. It could even be they have all points left, this is randomized.

Because I had to change the way locked perks are handled I have to enforce a new game again. Sorry. I saw only 3 people took the new version so it isn't that much of a problem I hope.

Hope you like this @Pieter Boelen. I think this makes officers even more interesting. Especially early in game you can have a great boost from finding the right officer. And they still wont contribute in person perks ofcoure. So it's possible a officer has improved aiming but that wont work for you ofcourse.

That's cool! Also provides an alternate route to "fake unlock a perk" for players who don't want to or don't manage to unlock the perks that they want.

One last update to opening post: Contains better Jack Aubrey version by @FlyingGhost and some slight changes to Nelson/Aubrey StartStoryline files by me.

More tweaks to the Santo Domingo and Oranjestad citizen dialogs. There was a spelling mistake in Santo Domingo and I'm a spelling pedant. xD Not wanting to upload the file just to add one letter, I made another alteration - see if you can spot it, preferably without cheating and using Winmerge. ;) Meanwhile, if you ask the good folk of Oranjestad what else is on the island, then now have something other than the usual stuff about nothing but plantations and houses...

Attachments

• Oranjestad citizen_dialog.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 166
  • SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 167
Something on Aruba, eh? I know there's indeed *something* there.

see if you can spot it, preferably without cheating and using Winmerge. ;)
Sorry, I always use WinMerge when including any modified files. No exceptions because I need to see it all. :facepalm

One last update to opening post: Contains better Jack Aubrey version by @FlyingGhost and some slight changes to Nelson/Aubrey StartStoryline files by me.

The hoist false flag thing is nice, but any particular reason you didn't include the rank in the Aubrey start?
SetRank(pchar, sti(PChar.nation), 6); // Captain

EDIT: Actually, for both Nelson and Aubrey it might be nice to have it set to two parameters - "if(sti(PChar.nation) == NATION)" and one for the career. So if you choose Spain and commissioned, you'll be a captain (or commander if you choose the Nelson start) (rank) of Spain - but if you choose Spain and any other career you won't get a relationship bonus. What do you think?

Last edited:
The hoist false flag thing is nice, but any particular reason you didn't include the rank in the Aubrey start?
Aubrey was always set up as a regular Free Play character and his quest texts match that too. Used to anyway, because I didn't look at what you did yet.
Anyway, since you are VERY friendly, if you want to, you can get yourself your promotions straight away.

EDIT: Actually, for both Nelson and Aubrey it might be nice to have it set to two parameters - "if(sti(PChar.nation) == NATION)" and on for the career. So if you choose Spain and commissioned, you'll be a captain (or commander if you choose the Nelson start) (rank) of spain - but if you choose Spain and any other career you won't get a relationship bonus. What do you think?
Indeed you should add an if(CheckAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy")) line there to give the rank ONLY if you selected "Commissioned".
That would probably be the best way to handle it, but since I did this change in the 5 minutes before leaving to work, I didn't give it my full attention.

That's perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. Now they can serve as Free Play entirely, and you'll be the same rank whatever nation you choose. :cheers

These ones work for me:
- Replaced the
if(sti(PChar.nation) == ENGLAND) SetActualRMRelation(ENGLAND, REP_LEAVEMIN); // If England (=default), should be very friendly
in the Aubrey start, and the
SetRank(pchar, sti(PChar.nation), 5); // Commander
in the Nelson start with
if(CheckAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy"))
{
SetRank(pchar, sti(PChar.nation), 6); // If commissioned (=default), Captain
}
and
if(CheckAttribute(pchar, "professionalnavy"))
{
SetRank(pchar, sti(PChar.nation), 5); // If commissioned (=default), Commander
}

Attachments

• AubreyNelsonUpdate 16-01-15 (2).zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 193
So any last toughts about this build? I won't have much time anymore as won't Pieter before the release so what's in the first post now will be the final release probably.

Back