• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.4 Release

Well, I don't think this really effects gameplay, but I noticed that you play BFF and choose stormy start, the quest book entry is the same as it is in the standard story line.

BBF is mostly a carbon copy of the standard storyline, so that isn't very surprising.
Is there any text in that entry that is technically incorrect for it?
To edit, the file would be in resource\ini\texts\English\storylines\braveBlackFlag\queststexts or something like that.
Writing from memory here, but you'd be welcome to find the file and mange it more appropriate for this.

Opening post updated once more. Installer file replaced.
This should be the release version, but I will wait with posting it publicly until tomorrow evening.
Partly because that allows you guys to do one last check to see if nothing obviously went wrong.
And also because it is LATE AND I WANNA GO TO BED! :whipa

So this is a bit too late for the final release, but may be of later use.

I've been to Santiago. Having failed to find various key locations using directions from the locals, I found them myself. And then had a word with the locals. They now know where things are. :D

Attachments

• Santiago citizen_dialog.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 174
BBF is mostly a carbon copy of the standard storyline, so that isn't very surprising.
Is there any text in that entry that is technically incorrect for it?
To edit, the file would be in resource\ini\texts\English\storylines\braveBlackFlag\queststexts or something like that.
Writing from memory here, but you'd be welcome to find the file and mange it more appropriate for this.
It's "RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\BraveBlackFlag\QUESTBOOK\StormyStart.txt". Being a direct copy of the one from "Tales of a Sea Hawk", it describes how you left Speightstown and escaped a French fleet".

So here's a slightly more appropriate version. :doff

Attachments

• StormyStart.zip
    671 bytes · Views: 177
Thanks!

While you're at it, does this dialog itself make any sense?
Actually, even in the Standard storyline it might not because with a different start nationality there, you also start in a different port.
One more thing to look into when we get to improving the Customization Options a bit further.

I've been using the latest test zip. When the new installer (hopefully the final release *fingers crossed*) is released, will it require a new game from even previous test versions throughout this last week?

I've been using the latest test zip. When the new installer (hopefully the final release *fingers crossed*) is released, will it require a new game from even previous test versions throughout this last week?
If you have the current version, then no new game is required. F11 will be recommended though.

Thanks!

While you're at it, does this dialog itself make any sense?
Actually, even in the Standard storyline it might not because with a different start nationality there, you also start in a different port.
If anything, it makes more sense in "Brave Black Flag" than in "Standard". The plot seems to be that you got away from the dangerous port, then ran into a storm, were blown off course and ended up somewhere random. Which is fine as far as it goes.

Except that in "Standard" you escape from the French fleet, then when you return to Barbados you trigger the video of the French attack. This could be interpreted as meaning you escaped from a fleet which isn't going to attack until you return. xD

If you have the current version, then no new game is required. F11 will be recommended though.
If you run the installer without taking some precautions then a new game will be required. The installer deletes any savegames you may have. :facepalm

Copy your entire "SAVE" directory, or at least the subdirectory for the storyline which you have been playing, to somewhere else. Run the installer, then copy your saved games back into place. If the updated version then refuses to load them then a new game will still be required, otherwise continue with your on-going story...

I run the installer and still have all my savegames,and the game seems to run fin.

If you run the installer without taking some precautions then a new game will be required. The installer deletes any savegames you may have. :facepalm
I think it only does that if you also install the Main Archive. Doesn't happen with a regular update only.

Tiny correction has now been added to the opening post:
- Modpack version shows correctly in main menu (Beta 3.4, not 3.3! :facepalm )
- Cannot decline the Antigua Port Admiral mission once accepted
- Weird characters in Antigua locations removed (requires New Game to take effect, but this is not enforced since it is not very important)

Guess all new versions from now on will be called 3.5WIP ?

I thought we were going for build 14 final? :unsure
Or did I misunderstand something, which is really not that unusual ...:wp

We can call it Beta 3.5 WIP while it is internal. We'll have to see whether we can release straight as Build 14 or if another intermediate release is called for.

Well, I am back after a long time. Decided to check up on the mod and I can see as always it is being refined and improved :) Downloading new version now and eager to get back into game. I cannot wait for Hearts of Oak and other such projects to come on in development. They are looking sweet and really would be "Thee" Dream Pirate era age of sail game ever! :p

Various bugs.

tester 2015-01-22 11-31-53-95.jpg When is The Dutch Republic going to become famous?

tester 2015-01-23 17-30-23-65.jpg In the Angelique Moulin quest after talking in the bucaneer camp I got the message in the top left and at the shore Pieter's ship was not there.

tester 2015-01-24 13-36-35-53.jpg The ship still sails onto land at Orangestad.

tester 2015-01-24 14-10-53-71.jpg Collision detection. I got in there ok and captured that galleon, but was not so lucky getting out and it knocked off a mast. This was a 15 ship battle and performance was much worse than usual. There was a slight hitch every second on the second and the sounds were cutting in and out constantly making for a very poor gaming experience. This is new.

tester 2015-01-24 14-18-42-03.jpg These ships are colliding. I could not get any closer until it surrendered.

Back