• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.4 Release

I know this is small change. I believed that you know how to do such a things and I just wanted to share my thoughts. :)
I know how to replace the background picture. Changing the fonts is a different story though and I have no clue how and if that might be possible at all.

I apologize if this question has been asked before. If memory serves, I remember in older build mods I was able to choose any ship for my starting ship and was wondering if there was a way to re-enable that. I come back and check out the progress on this project every once in a while and it is coming along very well from the looks of it, I just may not have the time to do full play throughs given time constraints. Any help would be appreciated as I would prefer not to have to swap the ship individually through the ini files. Any help appreciated and thanks in advance, keep up the good work guys

You have a Beta 3 version? Just ENABLE_CHEATMODE at the bottom of Program\InternalSettings.h .

Hi. I have problem in game. I finished Mystery Woman quest. And i met Anamaria, sthe tell me to go in Lighthouse on barbados.
But when i go there and go shore there is nothing, cant see nothing only black.
Capture.PNG

Do you have any .log files in your main game folder? If so, please post them here.

compile.log, system.log and possibly error.log .
You can post a savegame too, but I'm not sure I can find the time to actually do anything with that.
Beta 3.4 is a bit old by now, because we're hard at work on Beta 3.5 and a lot has changed in there:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/

Actually, if you want to play the Jack Sparrow storyline, I'd REALLY appreciate if you could upgrade to Beta 3.5 soon!
That one needs some heavy testing after recent changes, but we haven't found anyone yet to do that testing.
At least for Beta 3.5 I can guarantee that I'll do what I can to fix the issues because that needs doing anyway. :wp

compile.log, system.log and possibly error.log .
You can post a savegame too, but I'm not sure I can find the time to actually do anything with that.
Beta 3.4 is a bit old by now, because we're hard at work on Beta 3.5 and a lot has changed in there:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/

Actually, if you want to play the Jack Sparrow storyline, I'd REALLY appreciate if you could upgrade to Beta 3.5 soon!
That one needs some heavy testing after recent changes, but we haven't found anyone yet to do that testing.
At least for Beta 3.5 I can guarantee that I'll do what I can to fix the issues because that needs doing anyway. :wp

Ok ;)

Ahoy! Fellow Pirates! I've been away for awhile. May I have the link for the most stable version of PotC at the moment?

The most stable is probably Beta 3.4, which is on page 1 of this thread. Get the installer from the link right at the top of page 1, and the ZIP update which you'll find by scrolling down the first post.

The most current version is Beta 3.5, available here:

This is a work in progress so there may be problems, but there are also new things (which is where said problems are most likely to be :)) and several fixes to old things.

If you play Beta 3.4 and report a problem, you'll probably be told to play Beta 3.5. Partly because the problem may have been fixed in Beta 3.5, and partly because anyone who is working on coding is working on Beta 3.5. If you play Beta 3.5 and report a problem, it will probably be looked at and maybe even fixed. :D

^ What he said!

Generally I think the Beta 3.5 WIP should be pretty playable. The most troublesome new features have already been disabled again.
Under the hood it is also really quite different from Beta 3.4 so testing on 3.5 is much more relevant.

I am still trying to learn this new perk system and am curious how others are getting along with it. :nerbz

I have no problems with it so far but know there is a lot to learn still as I am only up to level 23 with three ships. Currently I am looking for a tailor who needs help with no luck. There has got to be one around somewhere.

If you find that anything for that mod should be rebalanced, that might be possible.

Hello, I hope this is the right place for my message ( involuntary necroposting maniac, speaking bad english too...).
Yesterday I have made a fresh install of the latest WIP, started a new game but, playing in iron man mode I have found an asyncronous turn of the chronological day/night duration, measured in day, hours and minutes ad the cycles of the daytime/nighttime in terms of visual appearence.
I mean, from dawn to twilight my game shows about four day of measured time.
This happens in nornal time ad in speeded time. I have encountered this wonder every time, in five or six new started games, in default and in pirate/freeplay storylines.
No errors messages.
Does anibody among you knows something about it? Sorry for bother you.

Back