• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.4 Release

That is intentional. It was done to balance out the time difference between the world map and direct sail. If it takes 3 weeks to sail from one island to the next in the world map it might take 1 day in direct sail, so the hours were turned into days.

Hello, I hope this is the right place for my message ( involuntary necroposting maniac, speaking bad english too...).
Yesterday I have made a fresh install of the latest WIP, started a new game but, playing in iron man mode I have found an asyncronous turn of the chronological day/night duration, measured in day, hours and minutes ad the cycles of the daytime/nighttime in terms of visual appearence.
I mean, from dawn to twilight my game shows about four day of measured time.
This happens in nornal time ad in speeded time. I have encountered this wonder every time, in five or six new started games, in default and in pirate/freeplay storylines.
No errors messages.
Does anibody among you knows something about it? Sorry for bother you.
There was indeed a bug with that in Iron Man Game Mode. It is fixed in the latest Beta 3.5 WIP that you can find from my signature.

The day adding is intentional, but not when the Open Sea Mod is enabled which is part of Iron Man Game Mode.

Cheers Gents,

just tried to install this 3.4. But somethings are strange:
- game menu shows it is 3.3: 19 Jan 2015. Is this correct or shouldn't this be 3.4 then?
- other than anounced, I don't find any way to change start date in the start campaign menu

Thanks,
Skyworm

- other than anounced, I don't find any way to change start date in the start campaign menu
To be able to do that in Beta 3.4, you'll need the ZIP from the opening post as well.
Note that it works only for some storylines and not all.
It is actually a Beta 3.5 feature, where that IS possible in the new Free Play storyline.

Has the mod become better since the last time I was here (About 4-5-6 months ago) ? I mean, is it more fun now? A whole lot more fun?

Darn it, spoke too soon. I've had a repeatable CTD while in direct sail mode, that gives a windows error relating to 'merchantflag3.dll' with remarks like wrong name called/used for x etc. There were two different times this happened, and both involved some ship battles in the distance (that i was not involved in), There is a bunch of stuff in compile.log stuff like:

SEA: Error: Sea_LoginGroup sGroupID = CrOxbay1, but group doesn't contain any quest ships!

For character 1274 fall Mast name mast4 has index 4 (just because i suspect the CTD is to do with masts, and flags on those mast).

And system.log, stuff like:

Bad rope data for rope: (rope num =125) (begin group=0 end group=-1)

Ship FR_Fleuron doesn't have fire places

etc!

I won't post the logs as this is a dead end version of the game, but sadly it looks like even Build 3.4 has too many changes that means Direct Sailing is a bit pot luck for safe travelling.

So looking around is it possible to get the older version of the Build Mod? My last working version is Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7, and i'd be curious about Beta 2 perhaps? or some of the improved versions from that Beta 1 line (which was unpolished in many places (like the interface etc) but it was stable, didn't often CTD and the performance was ok)?

Bad rope data for rope: (rope num =125) (begin group=0 end group=-1)

Ship FR_Fleuron doesn't have fire places
Pretty much all of those are already fixed in Beta 4.

I've had a repeatable CTD while in direct sail mode, that gives a windows error relating to 'merchantflag3.dll' with remarks like wrong name called/used for x etc. There were two different times this happened, and both involved some ship battles in the distance (that i was not involved in)
If that happens again, any chance of a screenshot?
We do still have flag errors, but I just checked and cannot find anything obviously wrong with that DLL file.

So looking around is it possible to get the older version of the Build Mod? My last working version is Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7, and i'd be curious about Beta 2 perhaps? or some of the improved versions from that Beta 1 line (which was unpolished in many places (like the interface etc) but it was stable, didn't often CTD and the performance was ok)?
I don't know of any that can be found online. There are still a bunch of ancient installers in my personal archive.
But I don't particularly want to upload those if I can avoid it.... :eek:

Yeah i figured these would be known errors and be worked on for fixing in later builds, which is cool :)

And once i have completed some stuff in Beta 1 Patch 7, mainly to compare the experience with the later Builds (!) i will have a go at getting the screenshot and all error files (PotC and Windows, as it says it saves it somewhere!) to get more detail of that particular crash. I also had a look at merchantflag3.dll in Beta 3.4 (and Beta 4) and it is exactly the same version as i have in Beta 1 Patch 7 (that does not give the error as far as i'm aware). I guess it is just hinting at it being a flag issue, which we have nearly always had, especially in relation to lost masts etc ;)

In terms of Beta 2 etc, i will comb the forum for threads on them to maybe get a better idea of their state etc, and i agree about uploading (and Downloading!) them - i've done what around 5GB for Beta 3.4 and Beta 4 just recently in terms of download, and that took long enough, i know uploading such sizes of data can take a very long time indeed.

Hmm, maybe you can post them to me.....by snail mail? (i can send a keydrive for you to put them on). Possible? PM me what you think about that.....but first let me get the forum threads to see if it is worthwhile in case the Beta 2's were terrible bug infested broken worse than any other Buids (i jest!) ;)

Good sleuthing!

Interesting - So that list descends with the latest at the top (Beta 3.1)........so there was no Beta 2 series of the Build? As it jumps right from Beta 1 Patch 1 (and i have Patch 7!) to the Beta 3.1 series?

I will have a go and see if those Beta 3.1 links still work.........can't have enough Builds on one PC ;)

ok so i got the installer, but the large file it says i already have (b14_beta3_full.7z), which i downloaded for Beta 3.4. That file is 2,504,265,443 bytes in size.

So can i simply use the same named file here and just run the 3.1 installer with it? Seems odd no? Hold on the 3.1 file is just 2.33GB so they must be different. Ok i'm downloading it :shock

Last edited:
so there was no Beta 2 series of the Build?
There very much WAS. Beta 2.1 was the first playable one of them and Beta 2.5 the last.
After that I ended up in a hospital for far too long and created Beta 3 by FINALLY fixing and finishing
a lot of work that was done shortly after Beta 1 but never included due to incompatibility.
Apparently those weren't posted there though.

A Pirates life is a dangerous occupation for sure Pieter ;) Well i got 3.1 downloading (thanks for the encouragement Hylie :D ) and will scan some Beta 2 threads tomorrow, whilst i sail in Direct Sail mode in Beta 1 Patch 7, whilst also getting in a bit of work (see that is how i do my direct sailing in the Build Mod!) :sail

Back