• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 Beta 3.5 Installation Issues

Johivas

Powder Monkey
Hi, i can't get the current version to work with the other part which I took on moddb. I get a file integrity check error. Should I download it again?

:ahoy

You are talking about Part 2, correct? Part 2 should be 2,445,572 kb in size. If it is not, then yes you got a bad download.

I always download from a different mirror.. I always go for capacities under 100% (NL mirrors work best with me)

Hi, i can't get the current version to work with the other part which I took on moddb. I get a file integrity check error. Should I download it again?
The integrity check is done over part2 (the large one). So you should redownload that one.

:ahoy

You are talking about Part 2, correct? Part 2 should be 2,445,572 kb in size. If it is not, then yes you got a bad download.
Yes, part 2, and it is the right size, in fact it worked with the part 1 on moddb. So either this build got an error, or it downloaded bad.

There is a check in the installer EXE itself to make sure it is complete and a CRC checksum check on the 2 GB archive to make sure that one is OK.
If you do get into the installer menu, the main archive is the problem. It hasn't been changed in almost two years now.
If it worked before, it should still work now. If it is a new download, try downloading again.
Once you have a version that works, keep it! Saves you the trouble of downloading the 2 GB file next time. ;)

I tested an install with the latest EXE on the umodded game with my own copy of the main archive.
Worked without a hitch.

3.4 didn't had the crc check right?

That's what i'm saying, the part 2 is ok, i'm sure of it since it worked with previous builds. Now, if you tell me that the first integrity check is done on the installer, then it means the problem is there since i can't get it to start, and if you tell me you tested the install and it works, then I made a bad download of the install. I'll download it again and i'll come back.

Well, a bad download of the installer was at fault, the problematic one had 232 mb, this new one got 373 or so mb....Thank you all for being so eager helping a newbie, i'll give some feedback as I kind of playtest, since you guys keep a great game alive. You do realize it's the only game in the world with waves higher than 2-3 feets? Even recent naval games like silent hunter don't go higher, and this one even got storms! I used to let it run just for the waves effects...

The engine isn't called the Storm engine for nothing. ;)
People can say what they want, but Akella did do a very good job building an engine capable of supporting a game like this.

3.4 didn't had the crc check right?
I can't remember exactly when it was. Might have been end of last year, which would put it around the Beta 3.4 release.
You can easily tell from that installer; if it takes a while before the extracting starts, that is because it is doing the CRC check.

Back