• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Well, I have to say Startdialog for Robert Fleccher, is missing.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 58
  • compile.log
    22.4 KB · Views: 78
Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\BraveBlackFlag\DIALOGS .

Also... DANG IT! The file IS included, but then removed again before the installation completed.
I thought I had already caught all such examples. Apparently not.
This will solve the problem for now; I'll double-check on other issues tomorrow.

Attachments

• Robert Fletcher_dialog.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 78
Opening post ZIP file updated with both files now included.

Really weird; I thought I checked the installer code yesterday and didn't see a Delete line for the .h file.
I just checked again and I still don't see it. :modding

Its only Malcoms start dialog there is OK, all other persons dialog, in free play storyline is missing in the start scene,I suppose.

Last edited:
Its only Malcoms start dialog there is OK, all other persons dialog, in free play storyline is missing in the start scene,I suppose.
There are two different dialog files used for the start: Malcolm and Robert. Malcolm should always be there and is used for most player types.
Robert is used for Rebel, Agent and Naval Officer. The file in the opening post should sort this out. Please try and let me know if there are still any issues.

The newest installer appears to be smaller than the previous one. Is that a result of collecting all the side quests into one place so there aren't duplicates for various storylines?

The newest installer appears to be smaller than the previous one. Is that a result of collecting all the side quests into one place so there aren't duplicates for various storylines?
Indeed I noticed it being somewhat smaller as well. Must indeed be because there is less duplicate code now plus some storylines removed so that is less code again.

There are two different dialog files used for the start: Malcolm and Robert. Malcolm should always be there and is used for most player types.
Robert is used for Rebel, Agent and Naval Officer. The file in the opening post should sort this out. Please try and let me know if there are still any issues.
Dialog for Rebel, Agent And Naval Officer seems to be all right now.

Dialog for Rebel, Agent And Naval Officer seems to be all right now.
They had better be! Thanks for confirming.
So with the ZIP applied, the latest EXE appears to be working OK? Ish? For now?

They had better be! Thanks for confirming.
So with the ZIP applied, the latest EXE appears to be working OK? Ish? For now?
Apparently Yes. Tonight I will testplay more carefully. Anyway, I think The free Play storyline
is a big advantage for the game.

Thanks!

Anyway, I think The free Play storyline
is a big advantage for the game.
I do hope so. Of course we had them before, but we had multiple ones without any real need for multiple ones.
And if we can make the customization options have an effect of the start of the game and allow all sorts of different settings, then it actually gets to make a difference.
Also we get all sidequests available at all times instead of only just a few. Plus less code scattered all over the place should make it easier to change and improve stuff in the future.
That's the intent anyway....

Yes well I have the March 31 WIP and chose what used to be BFF, opened the game got to the cabin and there was nothing in the dialogue box so .. no game?

Opening post updated with new EXE. It is the same as yesterday's, but with the Robert's dialog fixed.

Yes well I have the March 31 WIP and chose what used to be BFF, opened the game got to the cabin and there was nothing in the dialogue box so .. no game?
See the previous posts; there was an installation issue with Robert's dialog file.
The opening post contains a ZIP that fixes it. And as per right now, the installer EXE is also corrected.
So you can use whichever fix you like best; should result in the same corrected game version.

Thanks, I am also not clear about whether all the free play options start with the BFF opening or not. If they don't how do we change it.

Thanks, I am also not clear about whether all the free play options start with the BFF opening or not. If they don't how do we change it.
They all start in the cabin, but what happens after that depends on your Player Type.
Most of them actually start with the normal Standard Storyline Tutorial/Stormy Start option.
Rebel starts as Brave Black Flag on Nevis with your original nation relations but your own nation hostile to you as well.
I think Rogue does too, but with only one hostile nation. This still needs to be changed to link to realism mode instead.

Commissioned sends you straight to a port somewhere to start your naval career. This is close to the Nelson start.
Gambler sends you towards the La Croix start instead, though that also requires more tweaking.
Agent puts teleports you to a port that is hostile to your chosen nation.

There are a bunch of pre-defined characters with default settings available under the Named Character Models.
Not all of them have fully custom pre-sets, so you have to try some to find out. And of course you can customize your start so that it is what you actually want.
There are no real limitations.

It seems there is no place to save a game in free play. That means that when you die you have to start over by selecting all the options once again.

It seems there is no place to save a game in free play. That means that when you die you have to start over by selecting all the options once again.
I just checked, but saving and loading works fine here.
The files themselves indeed go into the BraveBlackFlag folder for now, because I didn't rename that to "FreePlay" yet.

You indeed cannot save while you are still in the tutorial deck scene, but that easy enough to get past.

Or did you mean something else and I'm just misunderstanding it?

Back