• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

I am having no problems saving in free play, except that I just got a runtime error saving while on the world map. And the annoying weaponless crew member is back.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.5 KB · Views: 67
They all start in the cabin, but what happens after that depends on your Player Type.
Most of them actually start with the normal Standard Storyline Tutorial/Stormy Start option.
Rebel starts as Brave Black Flag on Nevis with your original nation relations but your own nation hostile to you as well.
I think Rogue does too, but with only one hostile nation. This still needs to be changed to link to realism mode instead.

Commissioned sends you straight to a port somewhere to start your naval career. This is close to the Nelson start.
Gambler sends you towards the La Croix start instead, though that also requires more tweaking.
Agent puts teleports you to a port that is hostile to your chosen nation.

There are a bunch of pre-defined characters with default settings available under the Named Character Models.
Not all of them have fully custom pre-sets, so you have to try some to find out. And of course you can customize your start so that it is what you actually want.
There are no real limitations.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The error.log doesn't show any reason for the worldmap crash, unfortunately.
Does it happen all the time or is it just random?

Thanks for clearing that up.
And to further clarify, Rogue does NOT start on Nevis but in a town of your now-hostile own nation.
I forgot I didn't get round to changing that yet. But it won't stay like that for long. :no

There is no place to save a game. It is nothing but dialogs and combat. Die and it is game over and you start over by creating a new game. Repeat: There is no place to save the game.

Repeat:The savegame is stored in Brave Black Flag folder. See att. file.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Bonaire. Kralendijk tavern. July 4th, 1797.zip
    712.9 KB · Views: 50
There is no place to save a game. It is nothing but dialogs and combat. Die and it is game over and you start over by creating a new game. Repeat: There is no place to save the game.
Whatever do you mean? I am completely and utterly confused here.
Where is all the combat coming from? What starting options are you using?

If you use default settings, you can talk to Robert, skip the tutorial, go ashore at Nevis and save right there.
The only thing I can imagine is that you are playing La Croix/Gambler which indeed has quite a lot of action before it quiets down.
But even that should not really have changed from before and you played that in the past as well.
The only difference now is that there is a quick scene in your cabin before teleporting to the usual beach.

Ansel: The save game folder is empty because there is no place to save a game. Every time I try to save, the save option is grayed out because I am in combat.

Yes it is La Croix and yes it is now completely butchered.

Save option grayed out because you're in combat? While that does apply at sea, you can save just fine while in combat ashore.
I know that one for sure because I did it a few days ago.

The one thing that I did notice to have changed is that you you start closer to Celestino now.
Not sure why that happens but I didn't think that would do any harm.

Have you tried other starting options to see if you can save with those?
Or remove the options file again? Whatever is going on for you, I really do not know how that can be.
There is no code to intentionally do that, especially no recently changed code.

I do need to check La Croix some further though.

Ansel: The save game folder is empty because there is no place to save a game. Every time I try to save, the save option is grayed out because I am in combat.

Yes it is La Croix and yes it is now completely butchered.
Well, I have to try La Croix to night, to see if I run in to problems too. I been playing as a Swordmaster for 3 hours,
completed a couple sidequest, and I meet no problems.

Tortuga Tavern: If you talk to Mary Wood, she will say: You are not a pirate...., and then attack and kill me.
Mary Wood has godmode on, so she cant be killed. seadogs2_0012.jpg

She didn't have god mode on before because I did kill her one time. There were 4 of us and she nearly killed us all anyway.

Im trying La Croix now, and yes there is problems! First thing I notice was "fort commander sends reinforcements" is triged
in opening scenes in jail and town,second problem: There is no ship or soldiers waiting for you in harbor, when leaving churh.
About savegames: They works just perfect for me!

Indeed careful with Ms Wood. Though I don't remember het being immortal on purpose.

I'll definitely be checking La Croix soon. I sort of expected there to be some quest issues with that one.
The No save thing is still a complete mystery though.

I found that by hovering a finger over the F1 button it is possible to save on the beach. It is also possible to save in the prison before the big fight, but doing that seems to make it worse. After many attempts I got out of prison only to run into an even worse battle that does not seem possible to survive.
What is wrong with this picture? I am armed with an average rapier and just shot one of the soldiers, who still had 342 HP left. Yes I am hiding behind that character.
Beta 3 2015-04-02 09-35-02-77.jpg

I found that by hovering a finger over the F1 button it is possible to save on the beach. It is also possible to save in the prison before the big fight, but doing that seems to make it worse. After many attempts I got out of prison only to run into an even worse battle that does not seem possible to survive.
What is wrong with this picture? I am armed with an average rapier and just shot one of the soldiers, who still had 342 HP left. Yes I am hiding behind that character.
View attachment 20695
About those hard battles : "fort commander sends reinforcements" is activated in the jail, and the town afterward jail. Thats whats course the hard fighting
I quess.

Indeed. Fighting 20 soldiers is not possible for me, so I just took off running right past them and left that section of town. Of course that breaks the storyline but that is no loss as when I went to sea I also warped from Havana to Martinique!

Mary Read certainly wasn't in god mode in earlier releases, but she does have a lot of HP. But if she's vulnerable to a thief's knife then you might be able to make the fight a bit easier. :wp (I have managed to kill her the hard way once. I've yet to try a thief's knife on her.)

So the "fort Commander reinforcements" is still happening for the La Croix opening? That definitely needs looking at and is not intentional.
I should have it sorted before the end of tomorrow.

Back