• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3.5 Internal WIP For Testing

Oh.. that is a stock mission quest.. I am stuck the church where it says where it says who is this? Where you get tele-ported to the church, there is no one there to talk to and it won't let you move.

I have had no luck with any quests.. they all seem to be glitched somehow
What time of day or night was this? Everyone goes to bed at night so if you managed to teleport just after 22:00, the new priest won't be there. Also, which main storyline, if any, are you playing? And which version of the game? (Presumably the latest one if you're playing as a Dutch naval officer.)

The "Strange Things Going On" side quest certainly works for me under the most recent update. I'm playing the "Bartolomeu" storyline, long ago passed the bit where Padre Domingues gets kidnapped and you're teleported to the church to meet the replacement, and more recently I got to the point where I defeated the Animist frigate.

You must have been very unlucky with your timing! You go into church to get the letter from Padre Domingues, which can only happen during daytime; then you leave the area with the church and residence, are attacked by guys in red robes, then teleport back to church to learn about Padre Domingues being kidnapped. The only way that happens at night is if you got the letter about a minute or two before 22:00.

Yup that was exactly what happened.. I am now on the part to find the prison in Bridgetown.. it is somewhere put not on fast travel..

Can't wait to get promoted.. Hopefully get a new ship

You can only Fast Travel to somewhere which you have already visited. There aren't many reasons to visit Bridgetown prison. ;) But it's a big building, easily visible from the store entrance.

Found an issue in the stores.. When you go to buy gunpowder it charges per unit for example: price is 82 x 300 unites is 24,600 ... when you sell it charges 82 per 300. Not sure which is correct just wanted to point the issue out.

Found an issue in the stores.. When you go to buy gunpowder it charges per unit for example: price is 82 x 300 unites is 24,600 ... when you sell it charges 82 per 300. Not sure which is correct just wanted to point the issue out.
@pedrwyth, did you not recently work on some related code? Would you be able to check this out?

Yes It's me that broke it. The buying price is charging for every unit but selling you get the price for the unit size (as you used to) - it affects all goods bought in units ie ammo and gunpowder - so it's costing way too much to provision the ships with those items.

Yes It's me that broke it. The buying price is charging for every unit but selling you get the price for the unit size (as you used to) - it affects all goods bought in units ie ammo and gunpowder - so it's costing way too much to provision the ships with those items.
In that case, if you get the chance, would you be able to fix that too? :wp

Update on Holland NO Testing:
1. Got promotion at 80 and was upgraded from starter ship to the Fluyt

Few notes:
- your starter ship is taken from you never to be seen again
- New ship gets all the current upgrades your old ship had except cannon upgrades

I feel that you should have to upgrade your ship from scratch, another place to spend money which is a good thing. I am guessing that there is a reason your old ship gets removed instead of being put into ship berthing. I would rather have the starter ship than the Fluyt, the sloop was an amazing ship. Where the Fluyt is just big and slow and does not move.

Just my two cents.. but everything seems to be working to plan for Holland.. Will update at next event.

- your starter ship is taken from you never to be seen again
Yep, very true. You're given a brand new command.

- New ship gets all the current upgrades your old ship had except cannon upgrades
I feel that you should have to upgrade your ship from scratch, another place to spend money which is a good thing.
That is really quite weird! The GiveShip2Character function that is used has some deliberate code to NOT generate ships already with upgrades.
But perhaps that indeed doesn't strip away existing upgrades. The effect of them might still have been removed though.
Do you have a savegame with upgrades applies to your ship? I'd like to see what happens upon promotion for you.

It is correct that, at least until higher ranks, your new ship replaces your existing ship. This is because you're a naval officer and have been assigned to a new ship. For the same reason, even if you capture an enemy ship, you can not swap ship to command it - you have been assigned your command and you will follow orders and command it! :whipa At higher ranks, when you are officially allowed to command a fleet, new ships may be assigned as companions and you can then switch between them to choose your flagship.

If you're playing the specific character Michiel De Ruyter then the reason you go from a sloop of war to a fluyt is that he commanded the Neptunus in 1652 and the Witte Lam, a hired ship (i.e. a merchant ship hired into naval service) in 1653. A lot of Dutch naval ships at that time were hired ships and if you were playing a regular officer instead of De Ruyter then you'd have had a pinnace instead of the sloop of war, so the fleut would be an upgrade.

In that case, if you get the chance, would you be able to fix that too? :wp

Naturally I'll get on to it but given I missed that:nogood I guess I would like to look more leisurely at my stuffed up file :sick. Initial reaction suggests a few "divide by GetGoodsUnitSize() " will fix it but what else might be affected - so I suggest a restore of the previous store.c in INTERFACES in the interim. Here's one from an earlier 3.5 in case you don't have one to hand

Attachments

• store.7z
    9 KB · Views: 84
Naturally I'll get on to it but given I missed that:nogood I guess I would like to look more leisurely at my stuffed up file :sick. Initial reaction suggests a few "divide by GetGoodsUnitSize() " will fix it but what else might be affected - so I suggest a restore of the previous store.c in INTERFACES in the interim. Here's one from an earlier 3.5 in case you don't have one to hand
I'll probably need a bit more time to do some more fixing myself before I post the next Beta 3.5 WIP.
So feel free to take your time. You can even finish the American tutorial first if you like. :doff

@Pieter Boelen Attached is the two saved games.. I just got promoted to the 3rd in the game to a level 3 ship..

Same happen the icons are still showing up as not being removed on the new ship.

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    612.4 KB · Views: 85
@Pieter Boelen Attached is the two saved games..
Cheers! Will have a look. :doff

BTW: Your files have "PlayerÛf6" in their name which should probably be "Player".
You might want to remove the file named "options" from your game folder as this might be a hint that file has gotten a bit corrupted.

Something seems to be very wrong for me with the current version. I play iron man, but at every hour the game goes a day forward. Very odd. I'm not sure if this is on my end and perhaps I need a clean install...

This is apparently intentional. See the thread Hours are days in 3D sailing for more details. Basically, islands are very close together so you don't take long to get from one to another, so this was supposed to be a fix to make journeys take longer in game time.

In "Realistic" mode, which is what I use, you can disable Direct Sail by pressing "0". If you do, you won't be able to sail from one island to another except by using the worldmap, which I believe is disabled in "Iron man" mode. What you can do is watch the clock, when it's a couple of minutes before an hour then press "0" to disable Direct Sail, wait until the hour has changed, then press "0" again to enable Direct Sail. At least, it works in "Realistic" mode; I don't know if "Iron man" ignores that and keeps Direct Sail permanently enabled anyway. Try it - press "0", if you get a message in the top left of the screen saying the Direct Sail is deactivated then it works, if you get no such message then it doesn't.

Another way to prevent it is to enable the "Open Seas" mod by editing "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h" and setting "OPEN_SEA_MOD" to be 1 instead of 0. Days will now last 24 hours instead of 1 hour, and you'll spend a lot longer staring at empty sea.

Back